How much Internet Bandwidth do you use?

There is only one ISP in my area and these are the plans available: 

2014-03-23_1607.png

I'm currently on a plan that they don't offer any more but I have 7.0 down, 0.5 up, and 100gb cap per month. Always end up going over slightly but so far they have yet to charge us for it. Living in the middle of nowhere ftw.

I have a 8 m/bs speed, but since I don't control the account my dad does, I'm guessing we have unlimited.. I know that because once he got a new computer, he downloaded all his 113 movies.. it took like 6/7 days (i got to beat dark souls in that time). Though we are paying like 200 dollars per month. so I guess that what you can expect

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I have a 8 m/bs speed, but since I don't control the account my dad does, I'm guessing we have unlimited.. I know that because once he got a new computer, he downloaded all his 113 movies.. it took like 6/7 days (i got to beat dark souls in that time). Though we are paying like 200 dollars per month. so I guess that what you can expect

$200 for 8mb/s, US Internet is expensive.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

Livestreaming for the past 30 days 24/7 along with gaming and normal internet usage.

Reception 296.48 GB Transmission 278.80 GB Total 575.28 GB

I don't get how people are in the TBs.

I'm not 100% sure, I'll check the speed now and see what it is while I'm home alone

I was way off... this is my average speeds.. I though it would be 8 m/bs.

post-67222-0-13211300-1395606126.png

I use a lot, but I don't have a data cap.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

40Mbps Download Speed

3.0Mbps Upload Speed

I don't know what "GB" means.. but I never run out of internet =)

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I was randomly messing about and saw this, does this have anything to do with how much I used?

14wbvht.png

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I cant use of 250, because even with 2 routers, internet is expensive. 75 bucks for 12/1 100 on peak 100 off.  70 bucks for 5/1 50 all up -_-

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

On average I use 12.2TB, sometimes up to/more then 60TB a month.

This is total bandwidth so both up and down.

What the hell do you do with that much traffic? Are you hosting a file-server and websites or something?

Well you never been to Ethiopia. You have to have a gold mine to afford a decent internet connection.

40Mbps Download Speed

3.0Mbps Upload Speed

I don't know what "GB" means.. but I never run out of internet =)

Already been answered but good one on the I don't know what "GB" means.. but I never run out of internet =) part. :)

About 400GB

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

i selected 300GB but im going to be upgrading my internet soon to 300Mbs so it could be far more at the moment i have 100mbs 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Terabytes?? I use way over a terabyte per month. I probably download about 100GB+ PER DAY! Some days a bit less, some days a bit more. I have a file server setup on my local network because I download so much. Actually, I need to pick up a few more HDDs to add to the server, because its running out of space. It has over 20TB already.  

But I need to start cleaning it out too though, a lot of the stuff on there is old, and can be deleted.  

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

i selected 300GB but im going to be upgrading my internet soon to 300Mbs so it could be far more at the moment i have 100mbs 

Who are you getting 300Mbps from? BT?

Terabytes?? I use way over a terabyte per month. I probably download about 100GB+ PER DAY! Some days a bit less, some days a bit more. I have a file server setup on my local network because I download so much. Actually, I need to pick up a few more HDDs to add to the server, because its running out of space. It has over 20TB already.

But I need to start cleaning it out too though, a lot of the stuff on there is old, and can be deleted.

How can you download that much in a day? What's your Internet speed?

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

How can you download that much in a day? What's your Internet speed?

I'm on Fiber. I forget the exact speed, but it's the second package that FIOS offers. In a few weeks I'm upgrading to the most expensive package.

But I download full Blue Ray movies, huge games from PSN and other places, software, etc..

You have to think, some full blue ray movies are over 20gb in size.

And I download a lot of games for my son. Not to mention I am always online. If I am awake, I am online. And my dedicated server runs a Web server and game servers, so that takes up a lot of bandwidth too.

When I upgrade my fiber package, I'll be building another dedicated server too. I wish I could get more speed then Verizon offers. But Verizon fios is the only Fiber isp in my area. And fios just came to my area not to long ago.

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

I'm on a 256 kb/s connection, yet manage to use over 500 GB a year.

I'm on a 256 kb/s connection, yet manage to use over 500 GB a month. 

Impossible.

256kbps for 1 month at its maximum rate 24 hours per day is 6.57*1011 bits, or 82.13GB. 

Impossible.

256kbps for 1 month at its maximum rate 24 hours per day is 6.57*1011 bits, or 82.13GB. 

Sorry, I meant a year.

About 1000MB is one GB. 

Uhh? so if someone has 500GB.. that means he gets 500,000MBps in speedtest.net ?

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Uhh? so if someone has 500GB.. that means he gets 500,000MBps in speedtest.net ?

No, bandwidth is the amount you transfer NOT the speed you transfer at.

No, bandwidth is the amount you transfer NOT the speed you transfer at.

The proper definition of bandwidth is the range of frequencies used by a communications signal.

Capacity is measured in bits per second. So the capacity of your connection is whatever speedtest.net (or the transfer rate) says. Using the word "speed" to measure communications is dumb. Speed measures time and distance, so how can a telecoms link have a speed?

The title of this thread should be "How much internet traffic do you use/consume per month?".

OpenWRT says, 

br-lan:

Uptime: 23d 18h 1m 2s
   MAC-Address: 00:0C:43:44:62:ED
   RX: 4.06 GB (53409467 Pkts.)
   TX: 174.65 GB (127606301 Pkts.)
   IPv4: 192.168.0.1/24

Morpheus's would cap wouldn't hold up for 2 days :D

Speed measures time and distance, so how can a telecoms link have a speed?

Well, a link has both a frequency it operates at and the number of bytes that can be communicated per clock cycle, so a link has a 'bitspeed'. The first term in this product is a function of how far the transmitting station and the receiving station are away from eachother, so the link can definitely be characterized by a 'speed'.