LTT Internships

Infinoz

Is there any way I can get an Online remote internship at Linus Media Group?

1 minute ago, Infinoz said:

Keep in mind this is a community forum and if you're actually seeking an internship you should probably contact one of their business lines (like a company e-mail).

The community here won't know if they would accept those and there is a decently low chance of someone at LMG seeing this.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No lol

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

19 minutes ago, Infinoz said:

AFAIK, Linus is against internships, his logic being, if I like them enough, I might as well hire them... You could still check in with them. Who knows?

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

25 minutes ago, Infinoz said:

an online remote internship would make no sense at all as the entire purpose of an internship is that you get hands on with the work and learn how things are done.

If you are not there this is basically not possible and defeats the entire purpose of doing an internship.

As said, LMG doesn't do internships. And if they did, they would do them with local schools/applicants. Why bother doing something remote when they have ample amounts of interest people near them? Also if you aren't Canadian, there's whole another layer attached, just like with actually hiring people.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You're better off with a local company. When you're getting an internship, its to gain experience for the job you want. Local experience of a reputable company will look a lot better, and get you further, than an online internship. Not to mention logistical issues.