Battery Backup For Playstation 5

hey guys i was thinking of getting battery backup i think that what is call anyway in my country power goes out alot and i want something protect the ps5 and keeps console turn on so it gives me time to turn it off so it wont break my ps5 if you guys have any recommendation i would appreciated 

UPS - Uninterruptible Power Supply

Any devices you plug into the UPS will determine the runtime (length of time before full battery depletion).

Pick a brand, total the load/watts, then search "<brand> runtime calculator" and to get an idea on how long they last when the power goes out.

In an enterprise environment, I stick with the brand APC.

If I was to buy something personally to just turn off my PS5 gracefully, I would probably go for a reasonably priced CyberPower UPS off Amazon.

1 minute ago, darkDOS said:

Any devices you plug into the UPS will determine the runtime (length of time before full battery depletion).

Pick a brand, total the load/watts, then search "<brand> runtime calculator" and to get an idea on how long they last when the power goes out.

In an enterprise environment, I stick with APC.

If I was to buy something personally to just turn off my PS5 gracefully, I would probably go CyberPower off Amazon.

ok i look it up well i mostly need it to be turn around for at least maybe 4 5 minutes but mostly when comes closing the game and turn it off console may take 2 minutes or less who knows all depend if also im passing a game may take me longer since i may be middle of saving the game and then closing game may take me extra 3 minutes or less 

42 minutes ago, darkDOS said:

UPS - Uninterruptible Power Supply

In an enterprise environment, I stick with the brand APC.

If I was to buy something personally to just turn off my PS5 gracefully, I would probably go for a reasonably priced CyberPower UPS off Amazon.

i read that ps5 consumption reaches 200W  so if this one good for the PlayStation 5 ? https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500AVRLCD-Intelligent-Outlets-Mini-Tower/dp/B000OFXKFI/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ups&qid=1613759547&refinements=p_72%3A1248879011&rnid=1248877011&s=electronics&sr=1-1&th=1

On 2/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, GubiYoroi said:

It's really down to how long you want it to keep things powered on for. And also if you want it to keep your router/modem/TV powered on so you can keep gaming, or at least be able to manually power it down to avoid issues. If you just need it for taking 5-15 minutes to get to a checkpoint/save point, that would be perfect. 

On 2/22/2021 at 1:36 AM, Colty said:

It's really down to how long you want it to keep things powered on for. And also if you want it to keep your router/modem/TV powered on so you can keep gaming, or at least be able to manually power it down to avoid issues. If you just need it for taking 5-15 minutes to get to a checkpoint/save point, that would be perfect. 

yeah i just want one that gives me time to close the game or save the game if a im in story mode for then close the game and shut down console until power goes back one on my house ! 

I think it might be discontinued but you may still find them for sale but I have three CyberPower 1325VA Pure Sinewave UPSs at home (I think the model is GX1325u). I have one for my PC, one for my HD/Digital Home Theater and Console setup and one for my SD/Analog TV and Console setup. They all give a enough juice to run a screen and system long enough for me save and quit a game and properly shut everything down and then some.

I would look for something that's pure sinewave. I know modern PC power supplies tend not to like simulated sinewave UPSs too much because of Active PFC, but I believe modern consoles are the same way.

On 2/20/2021 at 5:43 AM, GubiYoroi said:

i read that ps5 consumption reaches 200W

Can confirm, i live completely off solar+battery so i'm always watching my consumption, i pull 200-250 watts with my PS5+32 inch 4k QLED TV. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 3:50 PM, Totallycasual said:

Can confirm, i live completely off solar+battery

Why do you hate the earth!? lol.

Anyway, if the PS5 is drawing 200 the 4K TV is only drawing 50w? That's interesting. I would have expected the OLED to draw more than that.

:Edit: nvm. My eyes are getting tired - I read OLED where you said QLED. time for bed.