Help: Minecraft being laggy on powerful computer

Francesco Romano
3 minutes ago, Francesco Romano said:

I've now done a complete uninstall and reinstall of Java and restarted the System twice. Is it worth reinstalling Minecraft?

Ok, have you tried to see if performance is still the same or is it like your post after you replied to me? It's worth a shot reinstalling Minecraft to see if anything changes but the likelihood is pretty slim.聽

1 minute ago, Francesco Romano said:

Render distance at 4 achieves EXACTLY the same frame rate. No improvement at all 馃槥

CPU Cooler Tier List|| Motherboard VRMs Tier List||Motherboard Beep & POST Codes|| Graphics Card Tier List||PSU Tier List

Main System Specifications:聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||聽聽CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler||聽RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18聽 ||Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570聽 ||聽聽SSD: Samsung 970聽EVO聽1TB聽M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)||聽聽HDD:聽2X Western Digital聽Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)聽 ||GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT聽 || 聽PSU: EVGA P2 1600W聽 ||聽聽Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow||聽聽Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE聽RGB聽 ||聽聽Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky聽Switches聽 || 聽Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL||聽聽Monitor:ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"聽

36 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Out of curiosity, why is your Java version so old?

The MC launcher comes bundled with it, thats all.

i like trains 馃檪

3 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Ok, have you tried to see if performance is still the same or is it like your post after you replied to me? It's worth a shot reinstalling Minecraft to see if anything changes but the likelihood is pretty slim.聽

I鈥檒l do a fresh install, and see if it helps, but I doubt it as there鈥檚 no differences between vanilla and optifine聽and I鈥檝e tried different versions of the game聽

1 minute ago, Francesco Romano said:

I鈥檒l do a fresh install, and see if it helps, but I doubt it as there鈥檚 no differences between vanilla and optifine聽and I鈥檝e tried different versions of the game聽

have you tried optfine?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

also what happens when you play older versions? I only really play 1.8.9. if your FPS only bad in the newer updates?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

have you tried optfine?

Yes, no difference between vanilla and optifine

5 minutes ago, Downkey said:

also what happens when you play older versions? I only really play 1.8.9. if your FPS only bad in the newer updates?

It's bad on all versions 馃槥

Looks like it's Minecraft Java Edition just being itself. It's well known that this version is pretty poorly optimised. I would suggest using optifine/alternatives if you have not already.

2 minutes ago, Francesco Romano said:

Yes, no difference between vanilla and optifine

Wild shot in the dark. Install Fabric (kinda like forge) and download Sodium (optifine but ~4x-8x the performance) and see if you get better performance.

i like trains 馃檪

Just now, Francesco Romano said:

SUCCESS - Completely Reinstalling Minecraft seemed to have worked. Thanks for all your help guys 馃檪聽especially @SpiderMan聽and @SavageNeo

That's great, probably a buggy/corrupt download then.聽馃憤

CPU Cooler Tier List|| Motherboard VRMs Tier List||Motherboard Beep & POST Codes|| Graphics Card Tier List||PSU Tier List

Main System Specifications:聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||聽聽CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler||聽RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18聽 ||Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570聽 ||聽聽SSD: Samsung 970聽EVO聽1TB聽M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)||聽聽HDD:聽2X Western Digital聽Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)聽 ||GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT聽 || 聽PSU: EVGA P2 1600W聽 ||聽聽Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow||聽聽Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE聽RGB聽 ||聽聽Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky聽Switches聽 || 聽Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL||聽聽Monitor:ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"聽

Just now, SpiderMan said:

That's great, probably a buggy/corrupt download then.聽馃憤

Now getting 400Fps+ at only 30% GPU and 9% CPU.聽

45 minutes ago, agatong55 said:

Download Optifine and tweak settings there, it will also help out with FPS increase.聽

I was scrolling through waiting to see this get mentioned! The other good one (better performance if you don't need specific Optifine features) is sodium. Here's a video comparing Vanilla/Opti/Sodi. Very interesting results.聽

21 hours ago, Colty said:

I was scrolling through waiting to see this get mentioned! The other good one (better performance if you don't need specific Optifine features) is sodium. Here's a video comparing Vanilla/Opti/Sodi. Very interesting results.

This is why I run sodium religiously lmao

i like trains 馃檪