Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15.6 GTX Overheat problems

Go to solution Solved by AshTraitor,

Well i fixed this

so problem was in the battery connector

every time my laptop heats up, battery connector just pops off and laptop goes down because of not enough power

I just used electric tape and little bit of paper for fixing in place the connector and turned off windows turboboost for more chill

Now the problem is gone

Having a rough time with overheat problems on my laptop
Ive tried to cleaned it up and change thermal compound, but it never worked
So question is
Is there a possible tuning or modifications for my baby to solve this problem?

2 minutes ago, AshTraitor said:

Having a rough time with overheat problems on my laptop
Ive tried to cleaned it up and change thermal compound, but it never worked
So question is
Is there a possible tuning or modifications for my baby to solve this problem?

That laptop is quite thin and the cooling inside of it is probably anemic. What are you doing on your laptop when it overheats?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

When it overheats it just turnes off itself
So ill just wait for a couple minutes and turn it on again

Just now, AshTraitor said:

When it overheats it just turnes off itself
So ill just wait for a couple minutes and turn it on again

I meant, what type of workloads are you running on the laptop that cause it to overheat. Are you simply watching a youtube video for example, or are you attempting to play games on it. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Can you monitor the CPU Temps and GPU Temps?

Usually it's not possible for a Laptop to overheat in first place. Before that happens, it would Throttle down (but still sit at maximum temperature, usually 100°C), and if that's not enough, then turn off.

If any Laptop turns off for this Reason, the Cooling System is 100% defective. This is NOT normal, and you should use your warranty.

Well i fixed this

so problem was in the battery connector

every time my laptop heats up, battery connector just pops off and laptop goes down because of not enough power

I just used electric tape and little bit of paper for fixing in place the connector and turned off windows turboboost for more chill

Now the problem is gone