XFX RX 6800 XT Core Gaming VS Gigabyte RTX 3080 eagle

Asy

Hi, in times of difficulty to find gpu these days, i only manage to find these two graphic cards from local store. Any advice which one is better?

2 minutes ago, Asy said:

Hi, in times of difficulty to find gpu these days, i only manage to find these two graphic cards from local store. Any advice which one is better?

Go look at some comparisons and reviews. Ray tracing is far better on nvidia right now and so is mining, at least on 30 series cards. I'm not all for selling gpus for a profit but even some retailers are now so I'd say just sell the 6800 xt.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

7 minutes ago, Asy said:

How much is each, and what do you intend to use them for? 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Generally speaking both are relatively similar in performance but the AMD card does really well at 1440p and below while nvidia does well at 4k. Not a significant difference but if you are going for 4k nvidia is probably the best choice. If you are going for 1440p and 1080p then amd is slightly faster on average due to their cashing technology they use in the new cards. Also should note that nvidia has dlss 2.0 which is a big selling point as well combined with other cool features like rtx voice it can change buying decisions as well. Honestly both are good cards and either would do well in any current games. Amd does fall behind in raytracing performance if you care about that sorta thing. 

If you care about ray tracing and DLSS, then get a 3080. If you don’t get a 6800XT. Personally, both those features don’t really matter to me (yet - maybe in the future they will) so I went with a 6800 XT.

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

1 hour ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

How much is each, and what do you intend to use them for? 

gigabyte rtx 3080 eagle at USD 999.75

XFX RX 6800 XT CORE USD 1014.60

I guess rtx won when it comes to price here.. 😅

using for gaming, video editing and Blender...

1 hour ago, Asy said:

gigabyte rtx 3080 eagle at USD 999.75

XFX RX 6800 XT CORE USD 1014.60

I guess rtx won when it comes to price here.. 😅

using for gaming, video editing and Blender...

If the 3080 is cheaper I’d go for that. Where I live 6800 XTs are a couple hundred dollars less.

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G