Best photo mode games?

Thready

I'm an out of work photographer and this winter has been rough. I enjoy taking photos in games and I get really into it with angles and lighting and everything, so I decided to start an Instagram for my screenshots.

I usually play PS4 because the share button is easy to use. I just got one of the new Xbox controllers with a share button on the front so I can do PC games now. So what games do you think have good photo modes and would potentially look good on Instagram?

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

13 minutes ago, Thready said:

I'm an out of work photographer and this winter has been rough. I enjoy taking photos in games and I get really into it with angles and lighting and everything, so I decided to start an Instagram for my screenshots.

I usually play PS4 because the share button is easy to use. I just got one of the new Xbox controllers with a share button on the front so I can do PC games now. So what games do you think have good photo modes and would potentially look good on Instagram?

Forza horizon 4. The mechanics for taking a photo are pretty basic and intuitive, but there's a lot of different cars, and a lot of unique and beautiful locations around the map. However, You might have to grind the game for several hours just to take a photo of a specific car you want, so beware of that. 
Ghost of Tsushima, Death stranding, and RDR 2 are also quite good.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

42 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I liked the photo mode in shadow of the colossus.

I have that from a PSN sale. Is that game hard? I have trouble with my coordination and I have to play games on the easiest mode.

2 minutes ago, Thready said:

Is that game hard? I have trouble with my coordination and I have to play games on the easiest mode.

It seems hard but really it's about figuring out the puzzle behind the colossus you are fighting and once you do that it's pretty straight forward. The game has pretty darn forgivable timing and my 8 year old little brother basically played it as his second 3d game after sonic dx and did pretty ok so I'd say it's a pretty easy game. It's mainly meant to have an emotional impact on you so yeah they didn't make it too hard so you don't get stuck. At worst you have to google what you have to do like I had to do on colossus nr 4 where I was just too dumb to hold down the button even tho that is literally the most obvious solution ever :p.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

It seems hard but really it's about figuring out the puzzle behind the colossus you are fighting and once you do that it's pretty straight forward. The game has pretty darn forgivable timing and my 8 year old little brother basically played it as his second 3d game after sonic dx and did pretty ok so I'd say it's a pretty easy game. It's mainly meant to have an emotional impact on you so yeah they didn't make it too hard so you don't get stuck. At worst you have to google what you have to do like I had to do on colossus nr 4 where I was just too dumb to hold down the button even tho that is literally the most obvious solution ever :p.

Ok cool. As long as I don't need extremely precise movements and perfect timing. I know the remaster had good graphics. I bought it for $10 and never got around to it.

Just now, Thready said:

Ok cool. As long as I don't need extremely precise movements and perfect timing. I know the remaster had good graphics. I bought it for $10 and never got around to it.

Oh yeah pretty forgiving. Of course if you miss a jump by a long shot you will fall but wander has a pretty big soft snapping radius when you hold grab. Just gotta watch out you don't run out of stamina when holding on.

Also for how I messed up. You use grab to climb on everything the whole game and well me being dumb was like ok so I jump against the colossus but why am I not getting on all whilst ya know NOT pressing the grab button :p. Spent hours trying everything and then well a quick google on the old slow internet later. Hold r2 to win 😛 aka do what ya have been doing up till now idiot :p.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Oh yeah pretty forgiving. Of course if you miss a jump by a long shot you will fall but wander has a pretty big soft snapping radius when you hold grab. Just gotta watch out you don't run out of stamina when holding on.

Also for how I messed up. You use grab to climb on everything the whole game and well me being dumb was like ok so I jump against the colossus but why am I not getting on all whilst ya know NOT pressing the grab button :p. Spent hours trying everything and then well a quick google on the old slow internet later. Hold r2 to win 😛 aka do what ya have been doing up till now idiot :p.

good tip lol!

Red Dead 2 has a superb photo mode. Game looks so good someone tricked their screenshot into appearing on a news station’s nature photography showcase. 

Horizon Zero Dawn and Shadow of the Tomb Raider have the best photo modes I've seen so far.

Any game that supports Nvidia ansel is also great fun for taking shots. Shadow of mordor, Cyberpunk and Batman have good photo modes but they focus the camera on the main character so harder to take good shots.

On 2/15/2021 at 3:51 PM, Treebsquire said:

Horizon Zero Dawn and Shadow of the Tomb Raider have the best photo modes I've seen so far.

Any game that supports Nvidia ansel is also great fun for taking shots. Shadow of mordor, Cyberpunk and Batman have good photo modes but they focus the camera on the main character so harder to take good shots.

Does Ansel work well? I read a little about it. Is it easy to navigate? I tend to take over 100 pics in my games and I need the ui to be easy and fluid. Is it in some beta stage or is it in full release version?

With beefy PC, there's Cities: Skylines with some mods for better graphics, and even more tools for better camera controls (besides the existing photomode). And you probably could find shared save games so you don't even need to build anything, just have base game and some DLCs. But maybe wait until its on sale next.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

With beefy PC, there's Cities: Skylines with some mods for better graphics, and even more tools for better camera controls (besides the existing photomode). And you probably could find shared save games so you don't even need to build anything, just have base game and some DLCs. But maybe wait until its on sale next.

I have Cities with all the expansions and many mods but the mods throw up errors for missing assets. I love taking photos in it though. But yeah that's a great one to take photos in. 

I try to pick games off the beaten path too, like Cities. Also older games and games that may not have much attention.  I just beat Earthbound on my emulator. I'm playing Katana Zero and Cyber Shadow right now and trying to get action shots in those.