Whats the better deal? 2 PCs

Jays__

-Threads merged-

Please do not make multiple topics about the same subject.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

30 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

That board is garbage.

Yeah, I know. Doesn't really matter, it won't really affect performance- It's a 10400f. They can upgrade if they want, they have the budget. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

4 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Yeah, I know. Doesn't really matter, it won't really affect performance- It's a 10400f. They can upgrade if they want, they have the budget. 

It will affect any cpu upgrades though, so better off going with something decent from the start. Something like the B460 Mortar for $115 would be much better.

10 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

It will affect any cpu upgrades though, so better off going with something decent from the start. Something like the B460 Mortar for $115 would be much better.

I mean sure, but unless OP plans to upgrade within the year there's not really a point, since past 2021 intel's going to be on a new socket. Up to them though, It's def. a more solid motherboard all-around. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

1 hour ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

I mean sure, but unless OP plans to upgrade within the year there's not really a point, since past 2021 intel's going to be on a new socket. Up to them though, It's def. a more solid motherboard all-around. 

There are better cpu's on this platform though, which is the point I am making. In a few years he can stick a 10700 or maybe 10900 in there. With a board like the B460M-A Pro he would have to start over from scratch.