rampage board going super cheap?

herb

150 USD is more than I'd pay but if you need a system then I guess it's alright.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

It's an older outdated board, that's why it's cheap, you'd have to buy a compatible CPU. So an LGA 2011 X79 compatible CPU from 2011 or 2012. You can get a modern Intel or AMD board for the same price and not have to find a 10 year old processor. In my opinion, it wouldn't be a good investment. Especially in the world of Ryzen.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

That isn't cheap for something that old and dated. Would not get it. Sure you can get some cheaper cpu's but in the end the whole package IF you manage to get it for 150$ (which is unlikely with this bidding stuff) you'd still at least spend around 250$ for board + decent cpu + 16gb of ram which is basically 50$ of from a intel i5 10400f build or 3600 build that would wipe the floor with this thing.

That is IF you manage to get it for 150$ as this is a piece that can be bid on. Then you have to manage to snag a ocable i7 as well single core performance on those xeons ain't good which is what you need for games and something like a 4930k is at least 60$ + some used 16gb ram for 40$.

Price can't be justified on the basis of the board's capabilities. Name-brand X79 boards, especially the Asus ones, still command silly prices on eBay because there's an enthusiast niche for them, but you're certainly not getting value.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

Seems overvalued to me. Looking at local classifieds, combos with RAM and CPU included are that price range. You are paying about double of what the board alone probably is worth. Maybe bit more if you have capable CPU and other parts to really utilize the board. But still wouldn't call it a "steal".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Same board I’m looking to get. That is cheap compared to the other listings. 
Local guy has one with ram and a cpu but claims he doesn’t have a cooler or strong enough psu to see if it posts. 
Ive spent the same amount on my old boards a couple years back, gonna do it again when I get another case. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz