Jquery is Loaded (in <script> tag).

here is the Script loader 

var script = document.createElement('script');
script.src = '/src/jquery-embed.js';
script.type = 'text/javascript';
var head = document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0]
head.insertBefore(script, head.firstChild);
// use any jquery code here
// error normally "$ is not defined" aka jquery not found.

How do i define jquery to able to use jquery inside of the JS file?

My code

(before execute)

<head>
<script src="/cool/js.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<script>$(body).css(*******)</script>
</body>

(after execute)

<head>
<script src="/cool/jquery.js">
<script src="/cool/js.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<script>$(body).css(*******)</script>
<!-- no error -->
</body>

Why do you load js from another js? You can just include jQuery from a CDN with a script tag (https://jquery.com/download/#using-jquery-with-a-cdn, example code with Google CDN is here https://developers.google.com/speed/libraries#jquery) or if you don't want to use a CDN, then you can use the local/relative path instead of a full URL.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Its been a while since i did anything like this but i think jquery is only accessible from your /cool/js.js

I think it is inserting a reference for the jquery source into <head>, while the <head> code is running, i.e. after head code has already been loaded into the program. So the jquery reference never gets loaded/registered.

sorry, what i ment was Auto-append Jquery, When i append it from /my/js.js i get the "$ is not defined" error

2 hours ago, Mling said:

Its been a while since i did anything like this but i think jquery is only accessible from your /cool/js.js

I think it is inserting a reference for the jquery source into <head>, while the <head> code is running, i.e. after head code has already been loaded into the program. So the jquery reference never gets loaded/registered.

how ould i go about doing this?

5 minutes ago, Nolanrulesroblox said:

how ould i go about doing this?

you need to put  <script src="/cool/jquery.js"> into your html file. Inserting it into the DOM after <head> is loaded is not how web pages work.

4 minutes ago, Mling said:

you need to put  <script src="/cool/jquery.js"> into your html file. Inserting it into the DOM after <head> is loaded is not how web pages work.

no no no, Ok So Jquery is already appended to the Head in my Script, but jquery is not loaded

// /cool/js.js
var script = document.createElement('script');
script.src = '/src/jquery-embed.js';
script.type = 'text/javascript';
var head = document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0]
head.insertBefore(script, head.firstChild);

$("body").append("text");
// $ is not defined

I don't know any simpler way of explaining this. Your head section is running a script that inserts code into the head section. The head section of the DOM, and the reference section of any code, is not a living object. The head section gets run once. You cannot insert things into the head section after the browser has loaded it. You need to code the reference to jquery.js in the html file., not the js file.

31 minutes ago, Mling said:

I don't know any simpler way of explaining this. Your head section is running a script that inserts code into the head section. The head section of the DOM, and the reference section of any code, is not a living object. The head section gets run once. You cannot insert things into the head section after the browser has loaded it. You need to code the reference to jquery.js in the html file., not the js file.

All i got to say is poo. Huge thanks to all of you for trying to help. (it was a long shot)

You can just add this in your <head>.

Alternatively, you can download the .js file.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.5.1.min.js"></script>

20 hours ago, darkDOS said:

You can just add this in your <head>.

Alternatively, you can download the .js file.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.5.1.min.js"></script>

i know i can do that, but i wanted to have my script Insert Jquery automatically. like $.getScript (and use jquery within the same file)

18 hours ago, Nolanrulesroblox said:

i know i can do that, but i wanted to have my script Insert Jquery automatically. like $.getScript (and use jquery within the same file)

i am going to go with requirejs, it does what i need it to do, but Having the same issue, $ is not defined