New to Livestreaming

TheToxicgamer97
Go to solution Solved by Elven,

@TheToxicgamer97

The best way to do it. Is to play in windowed mode, and screen capture the game window. That way you got the game on one screen and the chat on another.

Hello, I hope to begin livestreaming sometime in the next week or so. I have two monitors, and I want to be able to monitor the stream on one screen, while actually playing on another. The problem is, with Civilzation V among many other games, the second monitor is rendered as black when in fullscreen mode. If anyone knows ways to get around this please help. Thanks! :D

@TheToxicgamer97

The best way to do it. Is to play in windowed mode, and screen capture the game window. That way you got the game on one screen and the chat on another.

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

The screen being black is actually dx problem in game. But yeah, windowed mode fixes that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hello, I hope to begin livestreaming sometime in the next week or so. I have two monitors, and I want to be able to monitor the stream on one screen, while actually playing on another. The problem is, with Civilzation V among many other games, the second monitor is rendered as black when in fullscreen mode. If anyone knows ways to get around this please help. Thanks! :D

What Windows are you running? If it's Windows 7 then change your desktop theme to Windows 7 Basic before playing. It's a Win/DX problem as mentioned. I had the same issue with my secondary screen occasionally blacking out (I use it to monitor GPU usage/temps/etc) when running an Aero theme. Change it to basic and the issue goes away all together.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!