Does anyone remember what the phone is called?

George Vella

Recently my love for classic phones stated. There is this one phone that I remember seeing but somehow can't remember the name of it. This ran Windows phone OS. It was a regular smartphone, but with 2 hinges on either side that on one side had a T9 style keyboard, and on the other side had navigation keys. They folded inwards and when folded left a small section of the display uncovered, enough for you to read  a single notification. Does anyone know about which phone I'm talking about? Thanks

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

Hi, i kept researching on google and finally found out that it was a concept phone, silly me for thinking it was real.

00-triple-flip-title-x-860.png

Just now, George Vella said:

Hi, i kept researching on google and finally found out that it was a concept phone, silly me for thinking it was real.

00-triple-flip-title-x-860.png

Damn that looks like a horrible bs phone :p.

Would be too heavy to comfortably type on, too clunky to actually hold normally and that solar panel would be nowhere near enough to even make a blip in charging the battery :p.

Just now, jaslion said:

Would be too heavy to comfortably type on, too clunky to actually hold normally and that solar panel would be nowhere near enough to even make a blip in charging the battery :p.

Yea, I just thought it was a real phone since I remember seeing that as a kid.

Just now, George Vella said:

Yea, I just thought it was a real phone since I remember seeing that as a kid.

Seen plenty of those around in the 2010's :p. The rolltop goes into the same category of neat but won't work.

5 hours ago, Commodus said:

The most fantastical part of it was imagining that people would use Windows Phone!

To be perfectly honest with you, I recently picked up an old lumia 520, and I love it. I'm actually saving up to buy a 950XL or an HP Elite x3 soon, as from shat I read they were amazing phonens. Hopefully they'll help me get back into the Windows hacking communiiy, this time in the shape of a phone

2 hours ago, George Vella said:

To be perfectly honest with you, I recently picked up an old lumia 520, and I love it. I'm actually saving up to buy a 950XL or an HP Elite x3 soon, as from shat I read they were amazing phonens. Hopefully they'll help me get back into the Windows hacking communiiy, this time in the shape of a phone

There were nice things about Windows Phones — I actually have a Lumia 1020 I keep around for kicks. It's more just that it wasn't as clever as Microsoft made it out to be, and people certainly didn't take to it like the company thought they would. On this note, get the Elite X3 if you're going to pick one. I remember the Lumia 950XL being less than stellar.

My pet theory is that Steve Ballmer not only thought Windows was the best OS, but that every human was genetically predisposed to love it as much as he did. That you'd pick up a Windows Phone, shout "oh mah gawd, it runs Windows!" and smash your iPhone against the wall as you realize you always wanted Internet Explorer and Office in your pocket. The truth, of course, is that many people merely settle for Windows, and that Windows Phone was too little, too late for a market already dominated by Android and iPhones.