How can I attach my logitech g920 to my desk

ledizz

I have a logitech g920 but it keep slipping off due to my desk being curved and kinda dented. Anyway I can fix this?

image0.jpg

Double sided tape or some velcro are probably your best option. I know there is some super thin style velcro (I know Adam Savage made a video about it a few months back), I just forget who makes it and how much it costs. That stuff is probably your best bet, if not, get some double sided tape and have that work.

14 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Double sided tape or some velcro are probably your best option. I know there is some super thin style velcro (I know Adam Savage made a video about it a few months back), I just forget who makes it and how much it costs. That stuff is probably your best bet, if not, get some double sided tape and have that work.

I mean I heard about bolting it on your desk I would but I cant find tutorials how to 

3 minutes ago, ledizz said:

I mean I heard about bolting it on your desk I would but I cant find tutorials how to 

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I could've sworn the G920 was one of their wireless keyboard, not the racing wheel (it's even worse that I own one). It's pretty easy, there's a template for it as well as the screw you need description on their website.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-au/articles/360023181234-Mounting-templates-for-the-G29-or-G920-racing-wheel

This is probably a bit over engineering in the crappy direction 🙂 . But if you have an shelf or board and two C claps, You could C clamp the the shelf to the front of your desk (C Clamp on both sides) give it a little overhang to make the shelf the edge of your desk so you can attach the racing wheel to the overhanging part of the shelf.

Rather than mounting it to your desk, you might want to look into getting a saw horse and mount it using that.  Apparently it's a fairly popular method of mounting stuff, since they fold up easily and are really inexpensive (maybe $20-$30?).

Spoiler

Image result for saw horse racing wheel

(ex 1, ex 2, ex 3, ex 4, ex 5)

(Also, not sure if that's a credit card in frame, but just wanted to remind you in case you didn't realize it haha)

First thing to day would be to remove this picture, and add one without you card.

32 minutes ago, Quadro said:

First thing to day would be to remove this picture, and add one without you card.

Haha I’ll be fine no one can see the back

43 minutes ago, metaleggman said:

Rather than mounting it to your desk, you might want to look into getting a saw horse and mount it using that.  Apparently it's a fairly popular method of mounting stuff, since they fold up easily and are really inexpensive (maybe $20-$30?).

Reveal hidden contents

(Also, not sure if that's a credit card in frame, but just wanted to remind you in case you didn't realize it haha)

Thanks haha

46 minutes ago, metaleggman said:

Reveal hidden contents

Can you send me the link to the saw horse it looks really good and I’m going for it

-> Moved to Peripherals

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2/6/2021 at 9:17 PM, ledizz said:

Can you send me the link to the saw horse it looks really good and I’m going for it

Looks like this would work, if you're in the US.  Otherwise just look up sawhorse on a hardware store in your country and look for something similar that has the a good clampable surface.

7 hours ago, metaleggman said:

Looks like this would work, if you're in the US.  Otherwise just look up sawhorse on a hardware store in your country and look for something similar that has the a good clampable surface.

Thanks, and I do live in the US so this should work thanks for the help do you think this would work? Im in a tight budget, https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-Essential-33-66-in-W-x-28-9-in-H-Metal-Saw-Horse-1-000-lb-Capacity/1001107598

19 hours ago, ledizz said:

Thanks, and I do live in the US so this should work thanks for the help do you think this would work? Im in a tight budget, https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-Essential-33-66-in-W-x-28-9-in-H-Metal-Saw-Horse-1-000-lb-Capacity/1001107598

I saw that one, but I'd be worried about the depth and whether it would be stable. This is just a few bucks more and I've seen some people using them in photos. But I'm assuming Lowes allows returns, so if they do, try the one you linked first and see if it works. If it does, huzzah! If not, I guess look for other options like burro one. It is annoying that the one I originally linked is a two pack, doubling the price (this makes sense for most projects, but obviously not for our use case haha). 

On 2/9/2021 at 5:09 AM, metaleggman said:

I saw that one, but I'd be worried about the depth and whether it would be stable. This is just a few bucks more and I've seen some people using them in photos. But I'm assuming Lowes allows returns, so if they do, try the one you linked first and see if it works. If it does, huzzah! If not, I guess look for other options like burro one. It is annoying that the one I originally linked is a two pack, doubling the price (this makes sense for most projects, but obviously not for our use case haha). 

Ya i know for sure its gonna fit my g920 wheel but I dont know if its gonna fit my shifter, do you think it will?

15 hours ago, ledizz said:

Ya i know for sure its gonna fit my g920 wheel but I dont know if its gonna fit my shifter, do you think it will?

The burro one, or the one you linked? I think the burro one I posted only had the wheel. Honestly, it sounds like it's worth while to keep looking for something like the one included in the 2 pack, or save up for it (and maybe selling the second). Check Craigslist or ebay to see if anyone is selling them on the cheap. 

4 hours ago, metaleggman said:

The burro one, or the one you linked? I think the burro one I posted only had the wheel. Honestly, it sounds like it's worth while to keep looking for something like the one included in the 2 pack, or save up for it (and maybe selling the second). Check Craigslist or ebay to see if anyone is selling them on the cheap. 

I might just get this https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/linnmon-tabletop-black-brown-10251352/