What is the best camera for new photographers and videographers trying to get into the business?

Hi every one! I am a newish photographer and videographer looking for what camera I should get and maybe this could help others like me out there. So currently I use mostly my drone (mavic air 2) and that is what got me really into this stuff. I started using d-cinelike (a flat color profile) and editing my own in davinci resolve. For photos I use raw most of the time and edit them in Adobe Photoshop, and Light room classic, unless I was just trying to quickly send a photo to my phone then I use regular jpeg. I am starting to get good at this and people have been asking me for shoots, but many want me to use regular cameras as well as drone photos and videos. I have two old cameras I used to use when I wanted to be like Linus and made my own youtube videos lol. I have a canon G7X MKII, and a samsung (lol IK) NX3300 with the kit lens I got years ago. Both these cameras seem to shoot ok photos and I am able to do OK with them, but I want to know what should I do to upgrade. What budget is the lowest I should do to get a better camera then what I have I want to look more professional then taking my g7 point and shoot and I am not a huge fan of the way the photos look from the samsung. Can I spend $500 for a better camera? $600 $800 $1,000? you get the picture. Also if I am adding video in my shoots does it matter if the camera is still only 1080p. I usually shoot 4k with the drone unless I am doing slow motion or something specific. 

SO TL/DR is I am looking for the best entry level cameras DSLR / mirrorless of 2020/2021 so far I can get definitely under $1000 and as low as possible

Best thing for you to do is get a used one from a couple years ago still plenty good. So yeah those best camera of x year lists and then ebay em. Often they come with a bunch of lenses too and really you don't get better for under 1000$ usually.

17 minutes ago, wranglergamer said:

what camera I should get

The one that feels best in your hands.

If the controls fall in place and everything feels right, you will use the camera far more often, than one that is confusing or oddly sized (I'm looking at you Olympus OM-D EM-5)

Source: I am a professional photographer.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

used xt-3 or XE4 body only with a 18-55 F2.8-f4 but both are going to be 1100-1300$
canon SL3 for photos is fine but add on an atomos Ninja V thats again going to be 1100-1300$

used GH4 or GH5

there are some cheap X-T20 on Lens authority

Edited by GDRRiley

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

On 2/4/2021 at 3:29 PM, Radium_Angel said:

The one that feels best in your hands.

If the controls fall in place and everything feels right, you will use the camera far more often, than one that is confusing or oddly sized (I'm looking at you Olympus OM-D EM-5)

Source: I am a professional photographer.

This.

Maybe if you really wanna be serious about it I'd consider looking at something from say, Sony or Canon because they're commonly used in the higher end video space, get used to their names for various controls/menu functions and stuff. But overall ergonomics are probably the biggest factor. 

an A6000 shouldnt be too expensive last I looked and is still a very solid little camera. 

Your money should go primarily to lenses, Not so much the camera body. I'd stick to a mirrorless as opposed to a DSLR because DSLRs are somewhat dying off at this point. 

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order