I need some motherboard help

Around last year, I was brand new to PC building, so I followed a MicroCenter Employee's build guide, and followed whatever they told me to buy. This is what they told me to get:

i9 9900 - $429.99

Stock Cooler

ASRock Z390 Taichi - $169.99

IPSG 32GB 2x16 DDR4 3200 RIPJAWS - 149.99

Intel 1TB 660P Series QLC M.2 - 99.99

EVGA Supernova 650W G3 MOD PSU - 99.99

EVGA RTX 2070 Black Gaming Dual - 478.99

Total = 1514.99

Most of my friends yelled at me for getting a locked CPU, so I proceeded to exchange it and get the i9 9900k which was $20 more. Furthermore, I have no idea why that employee recommended a stock cooler because my temperatures were going above 85C, nearing 95C. Again I had no idea which one to buy so I got a Coolermaster Hy[er 212 LED which was $35. Now I'm understanding that ASRock is generally a budget brand where Asus, MSI, Gigabyte is more premium, which my build is no where near budget. I'm looking to change my motherboard, and I need some suggestions. 

Note: All prices in this message is in USD.

1 minute ago, DarkMG1 said:

Around last year, I was brand new to PC building, so I followed a MicroCenter Employee's build guide, and followed whatever they told me to buy. This is what they told me to get:

i9 9900 - $429.99

Stock Cooler

ASRock Z390 Taichi - $169.99

IPSG 32GB 2x16 DDR4 3200 RIPJAWS - 149.99

Intel 1TB 660P Series QLC M.2 - 99.99

EVGA Supernova 650W G3 MOD PSU - 99.99

EVGA RTX 2070 Black Gaming Dual - 478.99

Total = 1514.99

Most of my friends yelled at me for getting a locked CPU, so I proceeded to exchange it and get the i9 9900k which was $20 more. Furthermore, I have no idea why that employee recommended a stock cooler because my temperatures were going above 85C, nearing 95C. Again I had no idea which one to buy so I got a Coolermaster Hy[er 212 LED which was $35. Now I'm understanding that ASRock is generally a budget brand where Asus, MSI, Gigabyte is more premium, which my build is no where near budget. I'm looking to change my motherboard, and I need some suggestions. 

Note: All prices in this message is in USD.

Honestly reconsider your CPU choice. A 5600x or 10700k are both $120 cheaper and are on alive platforms, and they both have better gaming performance.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

Honestly reconsider your CPU choice. A 5600x or 10700k are both $120 cheaper and are on alive platforms, and they both have better gaming performance.

That is true, but at this point, I can't return this cpu, and I'm not interested in throwing away a perfectly performing cpu.

Edit: On this PC, I'm not doing just gaming, I do video editing and architectural programs such as Revit, AutoCAD, and Lumion.

2 hours ago, WikiForce said:

why did you buy that cpu in first place?

At the time when I bought it, it was the best CPU available. On top of that, I was recommended it by a micro center employee.