Any Tips For Getting Better Performance In Assassin's creed freedom cry/4?

ATLEAGLE579

I just got assassin's creed freedom cry and I was wandering if there was a way to get better performance since I heard freedom cry and assassin's creed 4 are unoptimized on PC. The game defaulted at high settings but the FPS was way too low. In the end I found 1024x600 low settings with motion blur on to be the best I could do and that was playable. However I know my computer should run this game a lot better than what I have seen so far. Specs are: ASUS laptop with an Overclocked AMD A8 4500m APU(quad core CPU at 2.3ghz when gaming GPU 7640g DX11 shader model 5.0 at 1200mhz) 6GB of ram, windows 8.1 64 bit and I defragmented my HDD last weekend. My drivers are all up to date, all extra programs are closed and vsnyc is off. I also got metro last light last weekend and my computer ran that with little to no issues with DX11 enabled and got anywhere between 24-60FPS. Crysis 3 also runs fine as well. Any tips to improve the performance in AC freedom cry/ AC4? for anyone wandering FPS in AC freedom cry was around 18-38FPS but hovers in the 20s a lot as well. target FPS would be 24-40FPS for me or at least stay away from going below 22FPS for no reason.