pc:

processor :Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU 

Ram:16 GB DDR4

Graphic card: RTX 3070 8GB

Laptop:

Processor: i5-7th gen 

Ram: 24 GB DDR4

Grahpic card: GTX 1050ti

i want to do dual pc stream and i show all the vid. related to that capture card and other stuff like NDI plugin and all, apart from that is there any other way to do dual streming? No Capture card and No NDI plugin please let me know, like use my pc's graphic card's hdmi port to stream data to laptop or anything else... 

thank you guys....

1 minute ago, RoCkEyStAr said:

like use my pc's graphic card's hdmi port to stream data to laptop

No. That HDMI-port is for outputting video, not inputting it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

No. That HDMI-port is for outputting video, not inputting it.

that's why i am asking over here that is there any other way apart from this and NDI plugin

Just now, RoCkEyStAr said:

that's why i am asking over here that is there any other way apart from this and NDI plugin

No. The only options are:

• A software-solution for streaming video from the PC to the laptop, like e.g. the NDI-plugin.
  • Buying a hardware capture-card.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

• A software-solution for streaming video from the PC to the laptop, like e.g. the NDI-plugin.

Thank you bro, if anyone have any solution please ACK. me 

1 minute ago, RoCkEyStAr said:

BTW if your goal is to get a smoother overall stream output you will probably see a decrease in stream quality useing your laptop as a streaming PC. You have a very high per thread performance CPU that should be able to handle streaming and gaming just fine. Offloading the video to another PC is just going to add lag to your stream. Dedicated streaming PCs really stoped being a thing for non console twitch streamers 2 to 3 years ago and the latest builds of OBS are specifically optimized for streaming while gaming on the same system. If you are somehow seeing lag anywhere on the system you could just use something like shadowplay that puts less stress on your CPU.  

if both machines are connected to a switch or router using ethernet cable, then in theory you could use NDI to send the captured data to your laptop through the network. 

The alternative is to buy a usb capture card or figure out some way to connect a pci-e capture card to your laptop (for example if the laptop has m.2 connectors, in theory you can get a m.2 to pci-e adapter board and then get pci-e lanes outside your computer with a custom cable.

You can then use either the laptop's CPU to compress and upload (strictly CPU only encoding)  or you could use the nvEnc (hardware encoder) in that GTX 1050 to compress at slightly lower quality than software/cpu only compression but using little power and cpu usage. 

imho the cpu and video card are powerful enough that you should be able to use hardware encoding with nvEnc directly on your gaming pc .. the hardware encoder on the rtx3070 is very good. 

I'd also resort to sending the data to a second PC if the idea is to also archive the stream at near lossless quality and/or to stream using cpu only compression (to get as much quality as possible).

42 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

38 minutes ago, RoCkEyStAr said:

I've read these small usb "camera capture cards" work - reason I'm mentioning it is they are a lot cheaper than a regular capture card and they do not advertise being able to capture another computers output - only "cameras" but they have an hdmi in so it really shouldn't matter what you plugin there as long it's hdmi... 

and I've repeatedly heard this works, tho I'm obviously not sure... if it actually works I'd get one of those it would be ideal to capture gameplay from pc on a laptop "for cheap"... 🤷🏼

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, doomsriker said:

BTW if your goal is to get a smoother overall stream output you will probably see a decrease in stream quality useing your laptop as a streaming PC. You have a very high per thread performance CPU that should be able to handle streaming and gaming just fine. Offloading the video to another PC is just going to add lag to your stream. Dedicated streaming PCs really stoped being a thing for non console twitch streamers 2 to 3 years ago and the latest builds of OBS are specifically optimized for streaming while gaming on the same system. If you are somehow seeing lag anywhere on the system you could just use something like shadowplay that puts less stress on your CPU.  

Sounds good, i know that my gaming pc is capable enough to game and stream but i am searching for the best way apart from this main 2 way so thank you so much for you help brother....

3 hours ago, mariushm said:

if both machines are connected to a switch or router using ethernet cable, then in theory you could use NDI to send the captured data to your laptop through the network. 

The alternative is to buy a usb capture card or figure out some way to connect a pci-e capture card to your laptop (for example if the laptop has m.2 connectors, in theory you can get a m.2 to pci-e adapter board and then get pci-e lanes outside your computer with a custom cable.

You can then use either the laptop's CPU to compress and upload (strictly CPU only encoding)  or you could use the nvEnc (hardware encoder) in that GTX 1050 to compress at slightly lower quality than software/cpu only compression but using little power and cpu usage. 

imho the cpu and video card are powerful enough that you should be able to use hardware encoding with nvEnc directly on your gaming pc .. the hardware encoder on the rtx3070 is very good. 

I'd also resort to sending the data to a second PC if the idea is to also archive the stream at near lossless quality and/or to stream using cpu only compression (to get as much quality as possible).

I would definitely try it thank you

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I've read these small usb "camera capture cards" work - reason I'm mentioning it is they are a lot cheaper than a regular capture card and they do not advertise being able to capture another computers output - only "cameras" but they have an hdmi in so it really shouldn't matter what you plugin there as long it's hdmi... 

and I've repeatedly heard this works, tho I'm obviously not sure... if it actually works I'd get one of those it would be ideal to capture gameplay from pc on a laptop "for cheap"... 🤷🏼

Your suggestion is good. but i don't want to use any Capture card i know about that Cam link hdmi to usb converter and allow to record webcam or DSLR but as i mention above apart from this 2 NDI and Capture is there any way or mechanism that would work anyway thank you for this support....

A lot of usb capture cards use a chip that does the hardware encoding of video, just like the video card does hardware encoding. 

Basically what comes in the usb connector is a compressed video, which then is decompressed and served to OBS ... obs can overlay stuff and do whatever you want, then compress it again. 

So these cheap usb capture cards will make OBS / your operating system use a bit of CPU to decode/decompress the captured video. 

Also, these chips that do hardware encoding are much less refined than the hardware encoders in a video card, they have fewer "settings" which can be tweaked to get more quality, they're usually designed with options carefully picked to make the chip as cheap as possible to manufacture, while checking some bullet points on a list of specifications. So the quality is not as good as raw capture. 

A lot of pci-e capture cards (and some of the more expensive usb capture cards) are capable of capturing and giving you the raw data .. 1920 pixels wide x 1080 pixels tall x 3 bytes per pixel x 60 frames per second = around 360 MB/s  ... too much for usb 2.0 which stops at around 40 MB/s  but doable with good usb 3.0 , and doable with a pci-e x1 slot which has 500 MB/s for pci-e 2.0 or 985 MB/s for pci-e 3.0

This way, you get the most accurate capture, without artefacts or reduced quality due to a cheap hardware encoder.

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv