Cpu at 98 celcius please help

Adrianthegoat

So I have 2 intake fans in the front 1 exaust on the back of the pc should i put my other exhaust fan right above the heatsink or cpu cooler.

16122372165482645912698795886181.jpg

Do you have thermal paste applied?

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

1 minute ago, bellabichon said:

Do you have thermal paste applied?

It's an Intel stock cooler, so those should have preapplied.

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

If it's new, yeah.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

2 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Could be old, could have been removed and remounted. You don't know that.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

1 minute ago, bowrilla said:

Could be old, could have been removed and remounted. You don't know that.

It's not old I got it like 20 days ago brand new.

12 minutes ago, Adrianthegoat said:

So I have 2 intake fans in the front 1 exaust on the back of the pc should i put my other exhaust fan right above the heatsink or cpu cooler.

Is it plugged in? Does it turn? How did the thermal paste look? Is it mounted correctly? Do temps improve when you open the side panel?

With down draft coolers having the exhaust fans directly next to it might hinder the cooling performance.

After all, it's the stock cooler though. It's just bad.

Edit: Also, when and under which loads to you reach those temps?

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

8 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Is it plugged in? Does it turn? How did the thermal paste look? Is it mounted correctly? Do temps improve when you open the side panel?

With down draft coolers having the exhaust fans directly next to it might hinder the cooling performance.

After all, it's the stock cooler though. It's just bad.

Edit: Also, when and under which loads to you reach those temps?

When I'm playing valorant so should I not have the exhaust fan on the top I think it is blocking the air from the intake fans getting the the cpu cooler.

14 minutes ago, Adrianthegoat said:

When I'm playing valorant so should I not have the exhaust fan on the top I think it is blocking the air from the intake fans getting the the cpu cooler.

There are 5 more questions unanswered. I'd like to add the questions: What kind of fan curve are you running, at what revs does the cooler spin when the CPU reaches those temps and is it actually plugged into the CPU cooler fan header?

I would not have 2 exhaust fans next to the crappy Intel stock cooler.

8 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

There are 5 more questions unanswered. I'd like to add the questions: What kind of fan curve are you running, at what revs does the cooler spin when the CPU reaches those temps and is it actually plugged into the CPU cooler fan header?

Where should I put the exhaust fans then and it might be because the cpu cooler is not mounted correctly or thermal paste is old and at 1 point I only had 1 intake fan in the entire case.

10 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Also the GPU stays at like 30 to 35 c

6 minutes ago, Adrianthegoat said:

Where should I put the exhaust fans then and it might be because the cpu cooler is not mounted correctly or thermal paste is old and at 1 point I only had 1 intake fan in the entire case.

I had to read that 3 times and I'm still not 100% sure what you're saying. 

Back to the questions, answer them one by one and please not all in one and the same sentence:

Is it plugged in?

Does it turn?

How did the thermal paste look (when you mounted it=?

Is it mounted correctly (all pins pushed in, no collisions with hardware or cables)?

Do temps improve when you open the side panel?

What kind of fan curve are you running (go to BIOS and check what fan profile you're running)?

At what revs does the cooler spin when the CPU reaches those temps (you might need HWInfo64 or a similar tool)?

Is it actually plugged into the CPU cooler fan header?

You can try not having an exhaust or just have the rear as exhaust and use the other fan as 3rd intake mounted top front.

So my CPU is at high temps I have 2 intake fans in the front 1 exhaust on the rear and one on top I have a i3 10100f and a msi b460m-a pro and a gtx 1060 3gb please help me. 

16122413057406267728614508357450.jpg

6 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

I had to read that 3 times and I'm still not 100% sure what you're saying. 

Back to the questions, answer them one by one and please not all in one and the same sentence:

Is it plugged in?

Does it turn?

How did the thermal paste look (when you mounted it=?

Is it mounted correctly (all pins pushed in, no collisions with hardware or cables)?

Do temps improve when you open the side panel?

What kind of fan curve are you running (go to BIOS and check what fan profile you're running)?

At what revs does the cooler spin when the CPU reaches those temps (you might need HWInfo64 or a similar tool)?

Is it actually plugged into the CPU cooler fan header?

You can try not having an exhaust or just have the rear as exhaust and use the other fan as 3rd intake mounted top front.

You want me to put an intake fan above the cpu

I see your problem right away.... Intel stick cooler. Okay for light duty office machine, not good for gaming. Would recommend a small tower cooler.... I would also check the thermal paste application, if it isn't covering the while chip it can suffer. And would make sure all the push pins are all the way in. 

Just now, Adrianthegoat said:

You want me to put an intake fan above the cpu

What I wanted is information. You ignore that part the 3rd time now. You also just openend a new thread with the exact same issue for no reason right next to this thread. 

I rather get back to work. Good luck, I'm out.

You already started a thread about this problem earlier tonight and ignored people when they repeatedly asked for info that can help diagnose the problem. If you won't help people help you, why should they spend the time?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

is this a meme?

intel coolers be like that though.

Wish it was like AMD with a little more effort.

29 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I see your problem right away.... Intel stick cooler. Okay for light duty office machine, not good for gaming. Would recommend a small tower cooler.... I would also check the thermal paste application, if it isn't covering the while chip it can suffer. And would make sure all the push pins are all the way in. 

So it's my stock cooler that's making my heats go high what are some good ones.

23 minutes ago, Middcore said:

You already started a thread about this problem earlier tonight and ignored people when they repeatedly asked for info that can help diagnose the problem. If you won't help people help you, why should they spend the time?

I don't know about that stuff I just bought fans and put them in the spots i said did not look at the curves. I have the fans connected to a fan hub.

2 minutes ago, Adrianthegoat said:

I don't know about that stuff I just bought fans and put them in the spots i said did not look at the curves. I have the fans connected to a fan hub.

You didn't even answer when people asked you if the CPU cooler fan spins. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 2/2/2021 at 7:27 AM, Middcore said:

You didn't even answer when people asked you if the CPU cooler fan spins. 

It does spin

On 2/2/2021 at 6:55 AM, bowrilla said:

What I wanted is information. You ignore that part the 3rd time now. You also just openend a new thread with the exact same issue for no reason right next to this thread. 

So yeah the cpu fan does spin and the cpu cooler and thermal paste are kind of crusty and I don't really know the curves how do I look into that do you think it is the stock coolers fault do they suck and I watched a video saying you should have 2 intake in the front and 2 exhaust 1 in the rear and 1 on top.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:55 AM, bowrilla said:

Please help me also the power cable or the 24 pin is kind of in the way of the fan and the ram but is that ok.

Intel stock coolers are usually considered trash by the community I think for anyone expecting high performance in terms of thermal dissipation.  I would either replace it with an aftermarket tower cooler (you don't have to spend a tremendous amount of money) or if you're unwilling to do that, try unmounting the stock cooler, clean the surface of the CPU and the plate on the cooler with something light isopropyl alcohol, and remount the cooler after applying new thermal paste.  See if that addresses some of the issue.