GALAX RTX 3090 HOF - Better than Kingpin?

DeepFriendLettuce
6 hours ago, Can86 said:

I see that there were some unrelated replies, can anybody help me with this purchase decision?

Just but the cheapest 3x 8pin card or the FE model.

You'll not utilise the 3090 Strix of HOF GPUs in any significant way. Might as well just save some dough.

If you're absolutely adamant in getting a HOF card wait for the "OC Lab" edition. It's the only model worth buying.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I'd take one 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

4 weeks is not a necro...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

18 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Just but the cheapest 3x 8pin card or the FE model.

You'll not utilise the 3090 Strix of HOF GPUs in any significant way. Might as well just save some dough.

If you're absolutely adamant in getting a HOF card wait for the "OC Lab" edition. It's the only model worth buying.

Thank you for the reply. However, FE model is not available in my region for a long while.

It seems like I miscommunicated my question. The only ones seem to be available anytime soon is Galax HOF 3090(12March) or Asus Rog Strix OC(5th April). They are both the same price. Which one would you pick between these two given these timelines and specs? I can wait to have the better one...

4 hours ago, Can86 said:

Thank you for the reply. However, FE model is not available in my region for a long while.

It seems like I miscommunicated my question. The only ones seem to be available anytime soon is Galax HOF 3090(12March) or Asus Rog Strix OC(5th April). They are both the same price. Which one would you pick between these two given these timelines and specs? I can wait to have the better one...

What HOF card is it? There's four: HOF, HOF Premium, HOF Limited Edition and HOF OC Lab. OC Lab is the only HOF card worth buying. If that's not available then get the Strix.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

And I am the cheap one with a 2070 super from galax... the brand is solid and should enter the US market. 

AmCan Tech on YT

B550 Aorus Elite

Galaxy 2070 Super

Ryzen 3700

SN550 500gb NVMe

On 3/6/2021 at 4:58 PM, DildorTheDecent said:

What HOF card is it? There's four: HOF, HOF Premium, HOF Limited Edition and HOF OC Lab. OC Lab is the only HOF card worth buying. If that's not available then get the Strix.

Thank you so much! The prices are the same for only HOF(Standard) vs. ROG Strix OC.

OC lab is not even listed and the other two are much more expensive than Strix.