GALAX RTX 3090 HOF - Better than Kingpin?

DeepFriendLettuce

GALAX has sent out its RTX 3090 HOF to known extreme overclockers who already broke 16 world records with the cards.

Quotes

OGS from HwBox Hellas OC Team and Rauf from Alza OC have both been able to overclock their RTX 3090 HOF samples to 3.0 GHz. Such a clock was achievable with GPUPI software for graphics cards. Other benchmarks relying on more complex computations will cause the GPU clock to decrease to a 2.8 GHz level. Although both overclockers have been able to break multiple world records with RTX 3090 HOF, the fact that they were already able to reach 3.0 GHz quite impressive. In comparison, the RTX 2080 Ti has reached the 3 GHz barrier only after two years.

Can't wait to see these cards used in the next iteration of RIP J/LMG/Paul/GN.

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/galax-geforce-rtx-3090-hof-overclocked-to-3ghz-breaks-multiple-world-records?fbclid=IwAR14Piox3m2JZvs2t1_CTj8d6nPjtx_i2d5NyHXIsu0GJUgSOmApyAN178o

GALAX-RTX-3090-HOF-World-Records-768x768.jpg

photo-85015.gifphoto-85015.gifphoto-85015.gifphoto-85015.gif

image.png.12bba58b759a9bf434c8778e6c61df77.png

What happens when you put it on one of those vertical mounts?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Not sure 10 of those were necessary.  Kingpin cards apparently have a competitor.  Perhaps.  Possibly one designed specifically for LN2? (Making it more or less useless for actual use)   I dunno.  Seems like a silly thing.  The only thing the OC records are good for imho is comparing architectures, and then only very loosely. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Yes, HOF, Kingpin and Founder's Edition cards all get cherry picked chips. It's not something new. Factory binning is a thing. 

16 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes, HOF, Kingpin and Founder's Edition cards all get cherry picked chips. It's not something new. Factory binning is a thing. 

Is this reliably confirmed to still be a thing for Founder's cards? Because I know it's a thing that gets repeated and people say you want FE cards for water cooling because of it but I've never seen a reputable source that it's still valid.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

7 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Is this reliably confirmed to still be a thing for Founder's cards? Because I know it's a thing that gets repeated and people say you want FE cards for water cooling because of it but I've never seen a reputable source that it's still valid.

OK, you want water cooling for any GPU, not just a Founder's Edition. Or HOF and Kingpin for that matter.

Even back to the Fermi days. Water cooling nets frequency. 

Reputable source would be going to HWBot and searching the card you're looking at. 

You can divide the benches according to the cooling used if the submission form was filed correctly.

Then will take notice all the top overclocks where actually done on LN2 for all HW including processors.

LN beats Dice beats TEC beats Liquid beats air.

But yes, the FE cards are hand picked chips.

Remember that later bins might be better gpus also. Sometimes getting a first released card isn't all that glamorous. We've witnessed this much across processors and Gpus. Like a 2060. Is it a TU 104 or 106 core and so forth. Cpu side, stepping revisions on the same part numbers. Is it a C2 or C3, B2 or B3 revision and so forth. 

Judging by the LN2 pot in my avatar pic, I'd wager cooling matters.

Edit: No it's not an RGB washing machine.

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

OK, you want water cooling for any GPU, not just a Founder's Edition. Or HOF and Kingpin for that matter.

Even back to the Fermi days. Water cooling nets frequency. 

Reputable source would be going to HWBot and searching the card you're looking at. 

You can divide the benches according to the cooling used if the submission form was filed correctly.

Then will take notice all the top overclocks where actually done on LN2 for all HW including processors.

LN beats Dice beats TEC beats Liquid beats air.

But yes, the FE cards are hand picked chips.

Remember that later bins might be better gpus also. Sometimes getting a first released card isn't all that glamorous. We've witnessed this much across processors and Gpus. Like a 2060. Is it a TU 104 or 106 core and so forth. Cpu side, stepping revisions on the same part numbers. Is it a C2 or C3, B2 or B3 revision and so forth. 

Judging by the LN2 pot in my avatar pic, I'd wager cooling matters.

Edit: No it's not an RGB washing machine.

I didn't ask about the benefits of water cooling. Only if it was still verified that Founders Edition cards have binned chips.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I didn't ask about the benefits of water cooling. Only if it was still verified that Founders Edition cards have binned chips.

Of course they are binned chips. NVidia hand picks them. Always have....

Needs source, Shrimpy isn't good enough. Gotcha.

You can start at 3:10 and listen for the identifier. Even though it's right there without watching the video 😉 

31 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

"how many capacitors do you want?"

Engineer: "Yes"

Inb4 not this card

So it’s got more of everything and was a tremendously expensive card to make.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

40 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Inb4 not this card

holy sh*t how much power does that card use???????

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

5 minutes ago, sub68 said:

200.gif.a437cbf7dab12627ca9444fd88d1e305.gif

4 hours ago, givingtnt said:

image.png.12bba58b759a9bf434c8778e6c61df77.png

What happens when you put it on one of those vertical mounts?

i like the cut of yer jib

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

oh yeah, Galax HoF are ridiculous. i wonder would they do a RX 6900XT version

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

4 hours ago, williamcll said:

If they didn’t start it 6 months ago they aren’t going to.  This might be an Edsel situation and it might not.  We’ll see what people actually think of the thing. Practically   No one actually uses PCs under LN2.  Designing a board to operate well at LN2 temps might make for records but it doesn’t necessarily mean the thing will act well under more normal cooling.  It might of course.  I don’t know how specifically specialized this thing is.   

On 2/2/2021 at 11:38 AM, Moonzy said:

-viddyoh-

Inb4 not this card

They stole the universe's supply of capacitors

✨FNIGE✨

Are GALAX HOF or Kingpin generally better? Whenever I decide to upgrade my GPU I am thinking of either GALAX HOF or Kingpin. I know Kingpin comes with an AIO watercooler and Galax HOF is air I think. Is there any reason to choose GALAX HOF over Kingpin? Not going to custom watercool.

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

16 minutes ago, Thomas001 said:

Are GALAX HOF or Kingpin generally better? Whenever I decide to upgrade my GPU I am thinking of either GALAX HOF or Kingpin. I know Kingpin comes with an AIO watercooler and Galax HOF is air I think. Is there any reason to choose GALAX HOF over Kingpin? Not going to custom watercool.

They’re more heavily built and designed to overclock on.  This allows them to have a bit more electricity poured through them than a more lightly built card.  It becomes a question of value though.  Of one of these costs say, an additional $300, do you get $300 worth of added performance out?  So a value judgement.

Incredible results for an untested card. The KPE has binned memory while those HOF cards do not (which is why best card does about 1390MHz). Next batch will be binned memory and of course they'll do there own manual binning to find which card is the best of the best.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 2/7/2021 at 12:55 AM, Thomas001 said:

As long as you're not a extreme overclocker, both of them don't make sense to buy. You can get a MSI Trio, Asus Strix or EVGA FTW model if you want the best models for example. All the features you end up paying for with Kingpin and HOF cards are for extreme overclockers.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...

I have ordered an Asus Rog Strix 3090 OC and it seems like I can have KFA2(Galax) 3090 HOF for the same price but at an earlier date. I couldn't find much online about Galax HOF except this world record which doesn't mean much to me. My initial idea for selecting Asus was that it has a better core frequency.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:09 PM, williamcll said:

Very late on this but since the thread was revived anyway... I believe Galax only does Nvidia cards.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:09 AM, williamcll said:

RX6900XT is hardlocked to 3000MHz and RX6800XT to 2800MHz. These limits can be reached on some cards on water cooling. So far there is no known way to go over those limits, many overclockers are disappointed so no point in making such an overbuilt card.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:19 PM, sub68 said:

Does it use or can it use?  Does at stock is probably the same as any other card of that type.  How much CAN it use?  More.

12 hours ago, Can86 said:

I have ordered an Asus Rog Strix 3090 OC and it seems like I can have KFA2(Galax) 3090 HOF for the same price but at an earlier date. I couldn't find much online about Galax HOF except this world record which doesn't mean much to me. My initial idea for selecting Asus was that it has a better core frequency.

I see that there were some unrelated replies, can anybody help me with this purchase decision?