Gamestop stock surges 400% this week alone

Shreyas1
7 hours ago, Heliian said:

So what is going to happen next?  Gamestop is still on its way out, propping up the corpse can only last so long.  When does the price plummet again?  Can the shorters just hold on until it inevitably fails? 

I don't think GameStop is as close to bankruptcy as you think it is, it's not doing amazing or anything but it might have time to change itself somehow.

The price will plummet if retail investors/WSB and the other investors that actually own stock start selling and not as many is buying.

Its very expensive for the shorters to hold, I think the fee is something like 30% of the value of the stock, so more expensive stock means shorters pay more over time.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I think the slogan for WSB should be “A bunch of middle-class autists that plows their heavily leveraged life savings into the stonk of the day against the advice of every semi-competent financial manager. What can go right?”

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

5 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I think the slogan for WSB should be “A bunch of middle-class autists that plows their heavily leveraged life savings into the stonk of the day against the advice of every semi-competent financial manager. What can go right?”

Its basically a huge game of chicken now between the WSB and supporting folks and the big traditional Wall Street financial institutions. The problem for the big players is a lot of people are not doing this for money but to actually burn the hedges to the fucking ground so those folks have no exit strategy or even plan to exit.

8 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

GUH

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler