ryzen 3600 high tepmerature (not stock cooler)

xxx68

Hello, my ryzen 3600 is running too hot (in my opinion). Idle temperature jumps most of the time between 40-48 but max idle is 63 (image attached). While playing modern warfare temperature jumps between 70-78C. Cooler is Corsair hydro series h80i v2, previously I had scythe ninja 5 and temperature was even worse. So i bought this corsair hydro series h80i v2 which I have in my other build with i9 9900K and it has better temps than this pc with ryzen 3600. Specifically in aida 64 the i9 runs 14 C degrees cooler and its even mini itx . Compared to ryzen 3600 ( image of ryzen 3600 aida attached) . Where is the problem ? thanks

1. All fans are oriented properly

2. There in no cover underneath cpu

3. I tried reartach previous cooler multiple times - didnt help

4. Not overclocked

cpu: ryzen 3600

mobo: msi b450 mortar max

cooler: corsair hydro series h80i v2

gpu: evga geforce rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra

case: be quiet pure base 500

IMG_20210128_012907.jpg

idle.JPG

aida.JPG

Here's a quick list of things it could be:

1. Bad thermal paste application
  2. Not enough mounting pressure
  3. Pump plugged into wrong header / pump header not running pump at 100%
  4. Pump could be all together dead

Of course there are probably other things it could be, but this all I could think of from what I could see. Hope this help some

the pure base 500 non-dx has pretty bad airflow iirc

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

thanks for the answers. I doubt the problem is in the cooler. As the problem was with ninja 5 as well and both coolers are more than sufficient for ryzen 3600. So i might give a try to another pc case with better airflow

Yeah that's probably a good idea, or you could run it with the side panel of and see how well it does before you move it to a new case.

Is the BIOS on that motherboard up to date? What voltage is the CPU is running at when at full load? Have you tried setting up the voltage manually in the BIOS?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

13 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

Yeah that's probably a good idea, or you could run it with the side panel of and see how well it does before you move it to a new case.

thanks for the answer. I did test it with the side panel off and unfortunately temprature was basically the same (idle and aida64)

Reaching a maximum of 85 as seen in your screenshot, and averaging in the high 70, I don't see any reason you should change anything.

Not optimal temps, but far from dangerous.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad