Hey guys, need some tips. Overkill??? Good???

Hey guys, so I have done alot of research and I am saving up money to get an Alienware Aurora R11 with an i7, rtx 3060ti, 16gb of dual channel ram, 1tb ssd, and 1000w power supply liquid cooled. This is all for a total of 2,250 tax and shipping not included. I know that this is kind of expensive but I don't have the patience nor the time to build a pc. Also I need it for school as well as gaming. I had the original build of an i9 and a 2060 super for the exact same price but I was told my gpu is more important than my cpu. Anyway is this good and also is 1000w power supply overkill?

1000W is overkill you would be happy with 750W

Watercooling as in AIO or full loop both CPU and GPU?

Yes, 1000W is completely overkill for that system. What model of i7 is it? If your main focus is gaming, you should be spending much more on your GPU than on your CPU. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

It only allows 500 or 1000 also it just says high performance liquid cooled cpu

Just now, bellabichon said:

Yes, 1000W is completely overkill for that system. What model of i7 is it? If your main focus is gaming, you should be spending much more on your GPU than on your CPU. 

yah the 10700kf actually

The 1000W psu and liquid cooled cpu are part of the prebuild and there is no option to deselect them. So its totally fine.

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

24 minutes ago, Almighty Potato said:

Hey guys, so I have done alot of research and I am saving up money to get an Alienware Aurora R11 with an i7, rtx 3060ti, 16gb of dual channel ram, 1tb ssd, and 1000w power supply liquid cooled. This is all for a total of 2,250 tax and shipping not included. I know that this is kind of expensive but I don't have the patience nor the time to build a pc. Also I need it for school as well as gaming. I had the original build of an i9 and a 2060 super for the exact same price but I was told my gpu is more important than my cpu. Anyway is this good and also is 1000w power supply overkill?

It depends on what you have most of, money or patient ? The pc is too expensive and you could save a lot doing it yourself.

2 minutes ago, cm992 said:

The 1000W psu and liquid cooled cpu are part of the prebuild and there is no option to deselect them. So its totally fine.

well I can have 500 or 1000 liquid or just air cooled but there is no 750

2 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

It depends on what you have most of, money or patient ? The pc is too expensive and you could save a lot doing it yourself.

Yah I know but it is also really hard to get a 30 series gpu anyway so ya

Just now, Almighty Potato said:

well I can have 500 or 1000 liquid or just air cooled but there is no 750

I dont see that option when I configure the prebuild, only two case colours both with 1000w psu and liquid cooled cpu

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

59 minutes ago, cm992 said:

I dont see that option when I configure the prebuild, only two case colours both with 1000w psu and liquid cooled cpu

yes but you can customize it

500 or 1000 thats crazy? Yeh those components need 750 max. Personally $2250 seems alot even for a prebuild with those components. I would expect you could get that for closer to $1700 if you shop around.

3 minutes ago, Ar558a said:

500 or 1000 thats crazy? Yeh those components need 750 max. Personally $2250 seems alot even for a prebuild with those components. I would expect you could get that for closer to $1700 if you shop around.

I actually decided to build my own pc lol

2 minutes ago, Almighty Potato said:

I actually decided to build my own pc lol

Good, you will get way better value and learn stuff. It really isn't as hard as you might think plus Linus/Jay/GN vids can help too.