safe temperature for rtx 3080 before it starts thermal throttle ?

xxx68

hello, what is safe temperature for rtx 3080 before it start thermal throttle ? If I set custom curve the way that I am happy with the fan noise of my evga geforce rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra, the temperatures would be arround 85 C degrees. May I leave it that way ? When fan curve is set to default setting temperature is arround 78C but its quite noisy.  These temps are while playing modern warfare 2. With other games temperature is usually lower. 

thanks

4 minutes ago, xxx68 said:

hello, what is safe temperature for rtx 3080 before it start thermal throttle ? If I set custom curve the way that I am happy with the fan noise of my evga geforce rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra, the temperatures would be arround 85 C degrees. May I leave it that way ? When fan curve is set to default setting temperature is arround 78C but its quite noisy.  These temps are while playing modern warfare 2. With other games temperature is usually lower. 

thanks

It's thermal junction maximum (max temperature that it can safely get to, and basically the temperature where it seriously starts to throttle) is like 100c or something. If it's under ~90c under full load you shouldn't be really concerned, unless you're going to be running it on full load for extended periods of time. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU