big proud

Zob

i just copted the fully upgraded option 2010 mac mini for 150 bucks its in pratically brand new condition

why would anyone want a 2010 mac mini...

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

4 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

You'd be surprised at how even old Macs are desirable.

Agreed.

You're talking to the man who won't get rid of an iMac G5, even though it's broken (until I fix it).

elephants

10 minutes ago, cm992 said:

Hell I'm seeing the original Macintoshes going for $800 asking price used. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

14 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

You'd be surprised at how even old Macs are desirable.

9 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Agreed.

You're talking to the man who won't get rid of an iMac G5, even though it's broken (until I fix it).

5 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Hell I'm seeing the original Macintoshes going for $800 asking price used. 

why would u not want a mac mini? its a cheap way to get in the apple ecosystem and thats coming from a full windows guy. sides i have ALOT of side project that required a mac

Just now, Zob said:

why would u not want a mac mini? its a cheap way to get in the apple ecosystem and thats coming from a full windows guy. sides i have ALOT of side project that required a mac

My Intel-based Mac is a Mac Mini 2011 running Catalina via dosdude1's patcher.

It's handy for making bootable USB sticks, CDs, and DVDs.

elephants

3 minutes ago, Zob said:

I'm not a Mac guy, to put it plainly. I've floated the idea of getting a late-run PowerBook G4 but I'd have nothing to do with it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 minutes ago, Zob said:

But the 2010 hasn't been supported with updates for years? Kinda odd thing to get for an entry into osx.

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

My Intel-based Mac is a Mac Mini 2011 running Catalina via dosdude1's patcher.

It's handy for making bootable USB sticks, CDs, and DVDs.

Yep, the mac i snagged has high sierra and 4gbs of ram and a 128gb hdd im going to slap more ram in it and a ssd :)

1 minute ago, PlayStation 2 said:

I'm not a Mac guy, to put it plainly. I've floated the idea of getting a late-run PowerBook G4 but I'd have nothing to do with it.

Fair enough man im not either

Just now, Zob said:

Yep, the mac i snagged has high sierra and 4gbs of ram and a 128gb hdd im going to slap more ram in it and a ssd 🙂

This one has 8GB of RAM, a 500GB HDD, and it's the one with an iGPU.

Which is good, otherwise Catalina would suck.

I'm planning to get it 16GB and an SSD for boot.

elephants

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

But the 2010 hasn't been supported with updates for years? Kinda odd thing to get for an entry into osx.

I dont have 400 dollars to burn bro 

5 minutes ago, Zob said:

I believe you quoted the wrong guy...

23 minutes ago, cm992 said:

I, myself, don't have a Mac Mini, but I do have a couple Mac Pros and two MacBookPros and I got all them used, except for my mid-2014 MacBook Pro 13, and its a fun experience to be on macOS/OS X. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

I believe you quoted the wrong guy...

I, myself, don't have a Mac Mini, but I do have a couple Mac Pros and two MacBookPros and I got all them used, except for my mid-2014 MacBook Pro 13, and its a fun experience to be on macOS/OS X. 

Exactly and sorry thought i quoted the right people but high sierra is a pretty new operating system so its not THAT oudated

7 minutes ago, Zob said:

Exactly and sorry thought i quoted the right people but high sierra is a pretty new operating system so its not THAT oudated

No worries, macOS High Sierra last received an update by Apple in Nov. 2020 and usually Apple supports their operating systems for ~3 years after being released, so that update was probably the last update you will ever get from Apple on macOS High Sierra. You'll be relying (and is necessary regardless) anti-virus/anti-malware until the software developers stop developing AV/AM for macOS High Sierra. 

12 minutes ago, Zob said:

Yep, the mac i snagged has high sierra and 4gbs of ram and a 128gb hdd im going to slap more ram in it and a ssd 🙂

yeah remember when you could still do that lol

1 minute ago, Red_Fox_1293 said:

yeah remember when you could still do that lol

thats why older macs rule imo haha

4 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

No worries, macOS High Sierra last received an update by Apple in Nov. 2020 and usually Apple supports their operating systems for ~3 years after being released, so that update was probably the last update you will ever get from Apple on macOS High Sierra. You'll be relying (and is necessary regardless) anti-virus/anti-malware until the software developers stop developing AV/AM for macOS High Sierra. 

i might be able to upgrade it enough to get a new operating system but i doubt a core 2 duo can run any higher os  : P if it cant i might dual boot linux when i get more storage 

1 minute ago, Zob said:

thats why older macs rule imo haha

i have been using 2019 macbook pro 13 it sucks and its so slow and i can't replace/change anything aargh.

i also have a broken butterfly keyboard.

i wish i bought used stuff from like 2012-2015. my friend had one from 2015 and he said it was way better than his new macbook air. 

for this computer and my airpods that have the buzzing noise and the anti consumer behavior, i hate apple.

Just now, Red_Fox_1293 said:

i have been using 2019 macbook pro 13 it sucks and its so slow and i can't replace/change anything aargh.

i wish i bought used stuff from like 2012-2015. my friend had one from 2015 and he said it was way better than his new macbook air. 

for this computer and my airpods that have the buzzing noise and the anti consumer behavior, i hate apple.

Just get stuff from the era of semi-to-full upgradeability.

2011 and older.

elephants

2 minutes ago, Zob said:

i might be able to upgrade it enough to get a new operating system but i doubt a core 2 duo can run any higher os  : P

I mean overall it still looks modern the OS. Anything between OS X El Capitan and macOS Catalina looks like the best mac operating system I've used. macOS Big Sur looks too too similar to iOS and doesn't feel like a Mac anymore. Although Snow Leopard( or one that is alike this OS) looks pretty cool and I've used it once before. 

1 minute ago, Red_Fox_1293 said:

my grandma has a 2012 macbook pro and that thing rules! its so snappy and responsive and it has a mechanical drive and 4gb of ram and  a first gen core i3 so i 100% agree with your statement

Just now, SpiderMan said:

I mean overall it still looks modern the OS. Anything between OS X El Capitan and macOS Catalina looks like the best mac operating system I've used. macOS Big Sur looks too too similar to iOS and doesn't feel like a Mac anymore. Although Snow Leopard( or one that is alike this OS) looks pretty cool and I've used it once before. 

i had an old big boi mac pro from 2010 that was on snow leopard and sierra is much much better tho