"Larry Page: I’d Rather Leave My Billions to Elon Musk Than to Charity"

TopWargamer

I would give my moneys to Elon Musk if I had money. Changing the world is more important then barely keeping a handful of people alive. It might sound harsh but giving money to charity is a giant waste of money, it never does anything to improve the longevity of a persons sustainability. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

YEAH, i think he should give all his monies to Age UK so i can build 100's of new pc's to replace out pentium D's! 

i joke i joke, but yeah, i think this will help boost progress for the future, but if charities that are doing work to help peoples lives NOW can not keep working because money is being spent elsewhere there will be no future for the lower classes of people

Elon Musk is secretly Bruce Wayne. ;)

But to be serious, I agree with what others have said here. Personally, this is something I'd do in his position too - investing your money into an incredible man like Musk ensures that you're directly helping the world. Investing it into charities should, but let's face it, doesn't.

Investing in Musk will bring more tangible, and potentially more important improvements for the world.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

But to be serious, I agree with what others have said here. Personally, this is something I'd do in his position too - investing your money into an incredible man like Musk ensures that you're directly helping the world. Investing it into charities should, but let's face it, doesn't.

Investing in Musk will bring more tangible, and potentially more important improvements for the world.

The did call him the real life iron man after all. lol

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The did call him the real life iron man after all. lol

He's secretly the main actor for every superhero movie in the last decade.

The tech that would come out of a sudden influx of billions to Tesla and SpaceX would be freaking sweet. Something should be left to charities that specifically work to increase sustainability in an area, like water.org. Or he could put loads into Kiva loans and help grow the free market in developing countries.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I like this. Very few charities don't take massive cuts or really focus on needy groups. Giving money to the poor or even paying to feed/cloth/shelter them is a worse use of money than creating a world where there may be more jobs they could fill and an overall better world to live in. Trickle down economics does work, it just takes time and often shows itself in hard to track ways. Not all charities are bad, but our government already gives massively to the hungry across the world and often the other private charities create Dependants who know they can just rely on handouts (I witnessed this firsthand in Africa). The really needed charities are skills (doctors, managers, teachers, farmers, and engineers). Doctors actually do help the people they go see for free, engineers can create infastruture and enhance an area. On the domestic side, hospitals (Mission St. Josephs) helps people who literally cannot help themselves, and most of the money goes to research to fix the problem, not just treat those currently suffering. I am ranting now, but basically I said everything I feel there is to say.

In all honesty he is right.

Give it to charity and the world will see nothing back from that money.