Should i buy this

FakeFBI
1 minute ago, ComputerBuilder said:

ok i ik they in stock just last months some i3s and i5s were out of stok for a week, i just like haswell and ivy bridge better

If you just like the processors, then don't even ask if you should buy them. Just buy them. But, don't buy them thinking it's a good deal.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

umm, this might be one of the most replied topics this week, ummmmmmmm, maybe i made people mad

2 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

but i have a tendency to like haswell and ivy bridge much more

I mean the i3 is over 20% faster than the 3770K in almost all games, not too mention you can actually upgrade it

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

then oh yea im totally gonna use a intel uhd 630 gpu*joke* ut the point is that, its easier said than done

but i3 is respecable choice, but i have a tendency to like haswell and ivy bridge much more

since you're buying used parts, why wouldn't you buy a used graphics card?? the shortages are on the 30 series cards and the new amd gpu's.

not the older 970 or 10 series that you can buy used.

so i don't get the sass, as i wouldn't expect you to use a 3770k with a 30 series gpu

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Just now, Fasauceome said:

if you just like the processors then don't even ask if you should buy them. just buy them. but, don't buy them thinking it's a good deal.

i could literally just use it as a minecraft server if i wanted to

Just now, jaslion said:

Never was. Like really there never was a problem at all.

if you check pcpartpicker and best buy evrey second yes you do find it

then oh yea im totally gonna use a intel uhd 630 gpu*joke* ut the point is that, its easier said than done

but i3 is respecable choice, but i have a tendency to like haswell and ivy bridge much more

Versus relying on the Intel HD Graphics 4000 iGPU on the 3770k, which is much worse? Neither option gets you around the GPU shortage problem but that's no reason to buy an inferior CPU as well.

Haswell and Ivy Bridge i5's and i7's are worse than a current i3. If you have some personal sentimental preference for them that's fine but don't expect other people to respect it when they give you objective advice based on performance and value. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, ComputerBuilder said:

i could literally just use it as a minecraft server if i wanted to

you can use any CPU as a minecraft server. got an old core 2 quad and a couple friends? boom, server.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

since you're buying used parts, why wouldn't you buy a used graphics card?? the shortages are on the 30 series cards and the new amd gpu's.

not the older 970 or 10 series that you can buy used.

so i don't get the sass, as i wouldn't expect you to use a 3770k with a 30 series gpu

at this point eh 1 series is risen prices hell ton, the 970 is a flawed gpu, and th 16 series in annahilated. in stock

Just now, Fasauceome said:

you can use any CPU as a minecraft server. got an old core 2 quad and a couple friends? boom, server.

A core 2 quad? Damn man getting so fancy. My 2007 pentium dual core is shaking in it's boots :p.

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

that wouldnt go to well...., just ask ragnorak, *sorry if spelled your name wrong*

at this point eh 1 series is risen prices hell ton, the 970 is a flawed gpu, and th 16 series in annahilated. in stock

Dude just get the i3 system and a random old card. Sure the 970 has the 0.5gb flaw but it still games just fine. Yeah it's old but then again you are willing to buy a shitty deal on a 3770k so I don't think you care that much.

the thing about your topic is that you started out with a clickbaity title, then proceeded to have changed the subject in 4 different discussions.

and the 970 was an example, the 10 series can sill be found cheap, and the 16 series is NOT annahilated, there's still pleanty of stock (at least when i'm looking for em)

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

that wouldnt go to well...., just ask ragnorak, *sorry if spelled your name wrong*

Sup I'm running a mc server for 8 people on a athlon 5350. That thing is worse than one of the lowest end core 2 quads and it does it fine.

I don't know who ragnorak is but I've seen plenty of users that have done a core 2 quad server and it worked just fine. Not hosting 30 people and a dozen mods? no problem for an old CPU.

and if you are looking to host a massive, complex server, that ivy bridge i7 isn't gonna cut it either.

Primary PC:

Just now, jaslion said:

Dude just get the i3 system and a random old card. Sure the 970 has the 0.5gb flaw but it still games just fine. Yeah it's old but then again you are willing to buy a shitty deal on a 3770k so I don't think you care that much.

guys the point is that, idk anymore, i might just use it for my dads office pc?, what, i mean the i3 prob ha better performance, but cough, terrible clocks and non overclockable, but then just get a overpriced 10600k, so then ryzen 5 3600 omes back, its complicated.

Just now, jaslion said:

Sup I'm running a mc server for 8 people on a athlon 5350. That thing is worse than one of the lowest end core 2 quads and it does it fine.

It doesn't like it when I have my speed set to 255 and I run.

Or when I have my speed set to 255 and I fly.

Or when I spawn 50 ender dragons in with speed 255.

Or when I spawn in 50 ender dragons, a bunch Withers (in a bedrock box to avoid desolation) of charged creepers, zombie pigmen, pigs, and cows all at once.

elephants

2 minutes ago, flashiling said:

the thing about your topic is that you started out with a clickbaity title, then proceeded to have changed the subject in 4 different discussions.

and the 970 was an example, the 10 series can sill be found cheap, and the 16 series is NOT annahilated, there's still pleanty of stock (at least when i'm looking for em)

yea best buy when i was looking yeasterday, was all out of stock

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

I don't know who ragnorak is but I've seen plenty of users that have done a core 2 quad server and it worked just fine. Not hosting 30 people and a dozen mods? no problem for an old CPU.

Me lol.

My Phenom doesn't get happy when I do things that push even my system to its limit.

elephants

Just now, Downkey said:

now that got off topic, fast

Anyway why ask for our advice if you won't take it?

i dont even know anymore, 

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Me lol.

My Phenom doesn't get happy when I do things that push even my system to its limit.

running a server isn't the same as playing the game, and it's not gonna push your phenom to the limit

Primary PC:

guys the point is that, idk anymore, i might just use it for my dads office pc?, what, i mean the i3 prob ha better performance, but cough, terrible clocks and non overclockable, but then just get a overpriced 10600k, so then ryzen 5 3600 omes back, its complicated.

Dude do you even know how a cpu works? Clockspeed doesn't matter what matters is IPC. Example an athlon 64 at 2ghz easily beat a pentium 4 at 2.4ghz.

Sure you can overclock the 3770k but even AT 5GHZ ITS SLOWER than the i3. Whilst consuming more power and need a VERY VERY VERY good cooler and A LOT of luck.

You are making a problem out of nothing. The i3 is better than the 3770k can ever be if you need integrated graphics you get the 10$ more normal i3 10100.

yea best buy when i was looking yeasterday, was all out of stock

Then look elsewhere. Pcpartpicker the cpu and tadaah there you go 10 or so options.