Can I use linux with my current setup?

Go to solution Solved by Dutch_Master,

Fair enough. Using a live-cd (as you did before changing the question 😛 ) is a good indicator Linux will work if you install it on your drive. However, not all Linux are created equal! There are certain versions that focus primarily on server use, or a non-Intel architecture like ARM, PPC or any of the dozen others out there. Those will not work on your Intel or AMD system as you'd expect. Although a server-focussed edition of Linux can be persuaded to perform on a desktop, it's easier to start with a desktop version in the first place. Pop_OS, Ubuntu and Mint are suitable choices for 1st time users.

One alternative for 'stage-fright' on running Linux is the Raspberry Pi eco-system. Cheap, runs Linux and you'll get to learn a lot on computing by being able to experiment.

My build is:

Ryzen 5 3600

2 x 8GB 3600MHZ Teamgroup CL19

Colorful iGame Advanced OC RTX 3070

MSI B550M BAZOOKA

How can I know that my build can run it?

Edit: changed the question ^ becaus it was kinda dumb

Edited by hinzwifi

Linux can run on a variety of hardware, including the ancient 486 and Pentium era PC's. So your build is a piece of cake 😉

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

4 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

Linux can run on a variety of hardware, including the ancient 486 and Pentium era PC's. So your build is a piece of cake 😉

Oh okay but like im kinda scared because I have seen people run linux on their setup and it fails

that should be ok. i recommend PopOS for you (make sure you download the nvidia iso) becuase you have an nvidia graphics card, and Pop has much better integration with nvidia's drivers. 

She/Her

well linux runs on everything even playstation 2 has a port of linux your pc is just a piece of cake

and all of the hardware is compatiabe

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Just now, mahyar said:

well linux runs on everything even playstation 2 has a port of linux your pc is just a piece of cake

and all of the hardware is compatiabe

3 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

that should be ok. i recommend PopOS for you (make sure you download the nvidia iso) becuase you have an nvidia graphics card, and Pop has much better integration with nvidia's drivers. 

Thank you2 I guess I am gonna download it right now 

Fair enough. Using a live-cd (as you did before changing the question 😛 ) is a good indicator Linux will work if you install it on your drive. However, not all Linux are created equal! There are certain versions that focus primarily on server use, or a non-Intel architecture like ARM, PPC or any of the dozen others out there. Those will not work on your Intel or AMD system as you'd expect. Although a server-focussed edition of Linux can be persuaded to perform on a desktop, it's easier to start with a desktop version in the first place. Pop_OS, Ubuntu and Mint are suitable choices for 1st time users.

One alternative for 'stage-fright' on running Linux is the Raspberry Pi eco-system. Cheap, runs Linux and you'll get to learn a lot on computing by being able to experiment.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Others' fails most likely due to ignorance on how to install the correct nVidia driver.  In this case, the

460.32 Linux driver

BTW, you can run most any linux distro you want with that setup.

Best wishes

1 minute ago, TorC said:

Others' fails most likely due to ignorance on how to install the correct nVidia driver.  In this case, the

460.32 Linux driver

Best wishes

Don't scare me pls HAHA