Slight problem with my g502 hero?

NICULL

So i've had it for about a year and a half now and i noticed recently that when i only hold the buttons down 50% of the way they flicker between on and off. why? and also i cant remember if this is how it was brand new when i bought it because i do remember it felt weird at first but i got used to it. i dont mind using more force to hold down a button but should i be worried that something is broken? i only noticed this recently when i was thinking about something while dragging around a window and noticed it kinda stuttered then did a mouse test online and i saw that when i held the buttons down at 50% they flickered on and off. however the thing shouldnt be broken it feels and works like it brand new. And if it is broken please tell me some alternatives anyone. i do love the design and feel of this thing tho and i do need a few programmable buttons atleast the side buttons and the sniper button.

NOTE: i did some slight digging and found out logitech has quite a few problems with their switches. please tell me if its worth going for another logitech mouse or literally anything else? i can probably live without a sniper button but i need atleast 2 side buttons and 2 dpi setting buttons.

Double clicking is common for the most of the logitech G line up. g203, g305, g502, g903, GPW etc

1 minute ago, mousesnob said:

Double clicking is common for the most of the logitech G line up. g203, g305, g502, g903, GPW etc

Yep find out that my 100 euro mouse uses 1 dollar fucking chinese omrom switches fuck logitech and everything they stand for thats beyond razer level to put such trash in wat used to be one of their most expensive mice.

1 hour ago, mousesnob said:

Thank god i can just macro the clicks to the scroll tilt, so when they break i can still browse the internet atleast until i get a new mouse problem is i have no idea wat to order i want something that will last atleast 3 years, and i see that steelseries rival 3 has different switches it has steelseries switches but i heard people complain about clicking issues even on that mouse so wtf am i supposed to buy? 

If its only a 1 1/2 years old, Logitech mouse warranty is usually 2 years so go and file an RMA. They should just send a new mouse out to you. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, SpiderMan said:

If its only a 1 1/2 years old, Logitech mouse warranty is usually 2 years so go and file an RMA. They should just send a new mouse out to you. 

Yeah but theres literally no point in doing that since it will just break again in 1 more year and by then warranty be gon.

Just now, NICULL said:

Yeah but theres literally no point in doing that since it will just break again in 1 more year and by then warranty be gon.

So? At least it still has a warranty. They have warranties for this reason for defects in materials/workmanship. Go and get an RMA and just keep it as a spare or sell it on the side for some money to put to another mouse. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

So? At least it still has a warranty. They have warranties for this reason for defects in materials/workmanship. Go and get an RMA and just keep it as a spare or sell it on the side for some money to put to another mouse. 

Sure ill send it to their stupid warranty if i still have that card or something shit i bought it from the store i dont remember where the card is anymore but i still need a new mouse asap. and something with clicks that last longer than 1 and a half years.

Just now, NICULL said:

Sure ill send it to their stupid warranty if i still have that card or something shit i bought it from the store i dont remember where the card is anymore but i still need a new mouse asap. and something with clicks that last longer than 1 and a half years.

You can always disable the button in Logitech G HUB for the time being. I've done that with my old G502 until it died. 

I've had a Corsair M65 Pro and that was a great mouse. The only issue was the mouse wheel broke as the axle Corsair used was plastic, so one side of the axle was sheared next to the wheel. I used a roofing nail cut down to size to fix that problem and still works. Albeit, its back in its box as I wanted to keep my rig the same brand (Logitech keyboard and mouse). 

I have 2x G502's and a G903.

One G502 being over 2 years old, and no issues so far.

Razer is no better (if not, even worse) IMO...

The cable braid on my DeathAdder like disintegrated, and the left click is fudged...

Spoiler

No description available.

Compare that to my ~10 year old Logitech G9x...

Spoiler

No description available.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Mates i found a solution and a cheap one even! the ASUS ROG Strix Impact II it has hot swappable switches for gods sake. thats something every mouse should however it is only compatible with a few omron switches but atleast i dont have to solder shit to fix it.

1 hour ago, -rascal- said:

Razer is no better (if not, even worse) IMO...

I've personally seen so many people (including myself) have many problems with razer's stuff (my friend had 2 mice and a headset (all from razer) fail within a 2 year period), I had two razer keyboards have repeating key issues within the 18 month period, I just can't recommend them because of their terrible reliability.

why no dark mode?
Current:

Watercooled Eluktronics THICC-17 (Clevo X170SM-G):
CPU: i9-10900k @ 4.9GHz all core
GPU: RTX 2080 Super (Max P 200W)
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MTs

Storage: 512GB HP EX NVMe SSD, 2TB Silicon Power NVMe SSD
Displays: Asus ROG XG-17 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), IPS 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), Gigabyte M32U 4k@144Hz (G-Sync), External Laptop panel (LTN173HT02) 1080p@120Hz

Asus ROG Flow Z13 (GZ301ZE) W/ Increased Power Limit:
CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- dGPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB

- eGPU: RTX 3080 (mobile) XGm 16GB
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 5200MTs

Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD, 1TB MicroSD
Display: 1200p@120Hz

Asus Zenbook Duo (UX481FLY):

CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- GPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB
RAM: 32GB @ 4800 MTs

Storage: OEM 1TB M.2
Display: Main 1800p@120Hz OLED + Screnpad Plus 2880x864@120Hz

Custom Game Server:

CPUs: Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.1GHz all core

RAM: 128GB (4x32GB) DDR5 @ whatever it'll boot at xD (I think it's 3600MTs)

Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD in RAID 1, 4x 10TB HGST Enterprise HDD in RAID Z1

Almost every gaming peripheral brand you can think of (Logitech, Razer, Corsair, Glorious, etc. etc.) use the same Omron switches in their mice so they are all potentially susceptible to these problems. I had a Corsair mouse last year that started doing it in about 3 months. I've heard people complain that the specific model switch Logitech likes to use is uniquely prone to this issue but I haven't seen any evidence for that. 

If you want to avoid dealing with this problem, or just minimize the frustration when it odes occur, then you could get a mouse with optical switches (like some of the Razer Basilisk and Viper line, or the Roccat Burst Pro), or get one of Asus's mice where the switches can simply be swapped out of their sockets without soldering. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 hours ago, Middcore said:

Almost every gaming peripheral brand you can think of (Logitech, Razer, Corsair, Glorious, etc. etc.) use the same Omron switches in their mice so they are all potentially susceptible to these problems. I had a Corsair mouse last year that started doing it in about 3 months. I've heard people complain that the specific model switch Logitech likes to use is uniquely prone to this issue but I haven't seen any evidence for that. 

If you want to avoid dealing with this problem, or just minimize the frustration when it odes occur, then you could get a mouse with optical switches (like some of the Razer Basilisk and Viper line, or the Roccat Burst Pro), or get one of Asus's mice where the switches can simply be swapped out of their sockets without soldering. 

Yeah ik, only few brands use their own switches like steelseries for example however i rather just grab a cheap asus gladious 2 or impact strix 2 and be able to swap the switches out whenever they break. And apparently most logitech g mice use their shit ass chinese omron switches.

I think i will buy an asus chakram core, its very similar to my g502 hero and cheaper and has hot swappable switches aswell. 

8 hours ago, NICULL said:

Yeah ik, only few brands use their own switches like steelseries for example however i rather just grab a cheap asus gladious 2 or impact strix 2 and be able to swap the switches out whenever they break. And apparently most logitech g mice use their shit ass chinese omron switches.

SteelSeries switches are manufactured by Omron. So are the "Titan click" ones Roccat uses. It's a virtual monopoly. Zowie I think used Huano switches on some of their early mice and everybody complained they didn't feel good so now they're back on the Omron BS too. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16