need help with game optimization

_princess_

Hi I am trying to play Valorant at 240 fps. But I only get a measly 200 or 170 fps. I have a GTX 680 and i7 3770k processor. Please don't tell me I need latest gen hardware. I have the latest drivers.

My card performs about the same as a 1650, according to a bottleneck website. I do not have a GPU bottleneck. I put the graphics to low settings and get roughly the same performance as on high settings. During the game my GPU load is 50% and CPU load is 50%. Cpu core 8 is about 60% at most 80%. The rest of the cores are about 40% or 55%. The temps are within acceptable parameters. My GPU ram and CPU ram are at both 50%. My overall RAM is about 50%. The only thing I noticed is my CPU and GPU fans are maxxed out but perhaps this is normal.

Here are some significant things I noticed. Shooting the LMG in the tutorial room lags the game by 100 fps. Even if I am on the edge of the cliff with nothing in the view frustum besides the sky and a couple of drones. If I am at this location I will get 400 fps. But if I shoot into the sky I get 300 fps or lower. The fps is random so its hard to get an exact value. But I repeated this experiment several times. I wasn't sure if it was the bullet collisions or the bullet effects and I disabled tracers. Even with no tracers I get the huge slowdown. So I thought maybe its the gun flash texture transparency but that doesn't make sense since I don't have a GPU bottleneck. So I decided to put some bots behind me. First an alarmbot which makes noise. The alarmbot I put 1 foot behind me so it wouldnt be rendered in the view frustum. Yet even though I was not looking at it, it made the game lag by 50 fps. Next I recalled my bot and put a swarm grenade instead. And no lag. I repeated this experiment achieving the same results. My hypothesis now has 2 conclusions. Hypothesis conclusion 1: the bot lags because it is a dynamic sensor that senses for enemy locations. The problem with this idea is why would it lag in a room where there are no enemies. Therefore it doesn't make sense. So I have hypothesis conclusion 2: The lag is due to the audio engine. This is why the alarmbot lags because it makes a continous audible sound whereas the swarm grenade does not.

Online there seems to be an underemphasis on sound cards. Everyone is talking about GPU or CPU bottleneck but leaving out focus on soundcard performance. But perhaps getting a new sound card will increase my fps by 100. Maybe there is some way I can install better drivers or something to increase my audio card potential. Or use my GPU as a soundcard. But I need some tips please, because I would like higher framerates in my game, especially I do not want slowdown and I want a steady framerate from now on. Perhaps my hypothesis is wrong and it is not the soundcard even.

11 minutes ago, _princess_ said:

Hi I am trying to play Valorant at 240 fps. But I only get a measly 200 or 170 fps. I have a GTX 680 and i7 3770k processor. Please don't tell me I need latest gen hardware. I have the latest drivers.

My card performs about the same as a 1650, according to a bottleneck website. I do not have a GPU bottleneck. I put the graphics to low settings and get roughly the same performance as on high settings. During the game my GPU load is 50% and CPU load is 50%. Cpu core 8 is about 60% at most 80%. The rest of the cores are about 40% or 55%. The temps are within acceptable parameters. My GPU ram and CPU ram are at both 50%. My overall RAM is about 50%. The only thing I noticed is my CPU and GPU fans are maxxed out but perhaps this is normal.

Here are some significant things I noticed. Shooting the LMG in the tutorial room lags the game by 100 fps. Even if I am on the edge of the cliff with nothing in the view frustum besides the sky and a couple of drones. If I am at this location I will get 400 fps. But if I shoot into the sky I get 300 fps or lower. The fps is random so its hard to get an exact value. But I repeated this experiment several times. I wasn't sure if it was the bullet collisions or the bullet effects and I disabled tracers. Even with no tracers I get the huge slowdown. So I thought maybe its the gun flash texture transparency but that doesn't make sense since I don't have a GPU bottleneck. So I decided to put some bots behind me. First an alarmbot which makes noise. The alarmbot I put 1 foot behind me so it wouldnt be rendered in the view frustum. Yet even though I was not looking at it, it made the game lag by 50 fps. Next I recalled my bot and put a swarm grenade instead. And no lag. I repeated this experiment achieving the same results. My hypothesis now has 2 conclusions. Hypothesis conclusion 1: the bot lags because it is a dynamic sensor that senses for enemy locations. The problem with this idea is why would it lag in a room where there are no enemies. Therefore it doesn't make sense. So I have hypothesis conclusion 2: The lag is due to the audio engine. This is why the alarmbot lags because it makes a continous audible sound whereas the swarm grenade does not.

Online there seems to be an underemphasis on sound cards. Everyone is talking about GPU or CPU bottleneck but leaving out focus on soundcard performance. But perhaps getting a new sound card will increase my fps by 100. Maybe there is some way I can install better drivers or something to increase my audio card potential. Or use my GPU as a soundcard. But I need some tips please, because I would like higher framerates in my game, especially I do not want slowdown and I want a steady framerate from now on. Perhaps my hypothesis is wrong and it is not the soundcard even.

A soundcard should have no effect, assuming your soundcard is functioning properly.

With older hardware, you can still get some performance out with this:

https://bitsum.com/

Caution: I take no responsibility if you fry your system with it, only saying it's one tool you could try

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

What do you think about my hypothesis that it is the audio engine lagging the game? Do you agree that it is the audio engine causing the framerate drop? If so, do you believe that:

The lag is caused by the audio engine, but upgrading sound card will not decrease the lag

or b. The lag is caused by the audio engine and upgrading the sound card will decrease the lag

I have seen that program before, but haven't downloaded yet. I will download it now, thanks. I am generally wary of installing new programs on my pc but if it seems safe I will install it. I do not believe my CPU is the culprit of the bottleneck but it is hard to be sure. Someone also recommended to me that I underclock my CPU to be sure it is not the CPU causing the source of the bottleneck.

I see you've done some good testing, but I'll have to break it to you - even if you don't see 100% on the CPU, it doesn't mean it's not giving it all that it's got. 

I'm 90% sure that the CPU is your bottleneck. Because it's the CPU that creates all frames for the GPU to render. And older 4 core parts from 8 years ago just don't cut it for 300+ fps. I'm sorry. 

For high fps gaming, you DO need the latest hardware. Not GPU - but the CPU. My gtx 1070 is bottleneck by my 6700k OCed to 4.7ghz. And heavily. I'm thinking 20% or more high fps scenarios or heavy AAA titles. In high fps because of API bottlenecks, in AAA games because it doesn't have the brute force.

20 minutes ago, _princess_ said:

Online there seems to be an underemphasis on sound cards. Everyone is talking about GPU or CPU bottleneck but leaving out focus on soundcard performance. But perhaps getting a new sound card will increase my fps by 100.

No, not at all. You already have a sound card, it's integrated on your motherboard. It'll barely make difference and if it were to actually make a difference everyone would be using them, and there'd be a huge market for 'Gaming' sound cards.

Best you can do with your current setup is either OC your cpu, assuming there isn't a GPU bottleneck and you have a motherboard that supports it. Or/and try to turn the settings down further using this video

6 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

I see you've done some good testing, but I'll have to break it to you - even if you don't see 100% on the CPU, it doesn't mean it's not giving it all that it's got. 

I'm 90% sure that the CPU is your bottleneck. Because it's the CPU that creates all frames for the GPU to render. And older 4 core parts from 8 years ago just don't cut it for 300+ fps. I'm sorry. 

For high fps gaming, you DO need the latest hardware. Not GPU - but the CPU. My gtx 1070 is bottleneck by my 6700k OCed to 4.7ghz. And heavily. I'm thinking 20% or more high fps scenarios or heavy AAA titles. In high fps because of API bottlenecks, in AAA games because it doesn't have the brute force.

Hmm I may try cpu parking tool as well as the bitsum.com suggested earlier, if you are really sure of this. I am still a bit confused as to why my CPU is only at 50% load but not giving the full performance for the game. I would like some kind of explanation as to why this occurs please. What exactly do you mean by an API bottleneck and how can I fix this.

5 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

No, not at all. You already have a sound card, it's integrated on your motherboard. It'll barely make difference, if it were to actually make a difference everyone would be using them, and there'd be a huge market for 'Gaming' sound cards.

Best you can do with your current setup is either OC your cpu, assuming there isn't a GPU bottleneck and you have a motherboard that supports it. Or/and try to turn the settings down further using this video

Yes but my sound card is not powerful, it is integrated and integrated cards generally are weak. Fl studio does lag my whole pc when I have a lot of audio. And I suspect Valorant is not using the latest audio engine for their game so it may be causing lag. I have already tested Valorant on low and pixellated settings and my framerate remains roughly the same, so it is not likely to be a GPU bottleneck.

5 minutes ago, _princess_ said:

integrated cards generally are weak.

I've only ever used integrated audio cards when they became a standard, i strongly doubt a new audio card will make any FPS changes to your system, unless your audio card in badly damaged, in which case the mobo is also damaged, and that would certainly cause issues.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, _princess_ said:

Yes but my sound card is not powerful, it is integrated and integrated cards generally are weak. Fl studio does lag my whole pc when I have a lot of audio. And I suspect Valorant is not using the latest audio engine for their game so it may be causing lag. I have already tested Valorant on low and pixellated settings and my framerate remains roughly the same, so it is not likely to be a GPU bottleneck.

You can't really compare a music program to the audio in a game, they're very different concept and are handled in totally different ways. If you have a bad sound card, you'll just get bad sound. But from the looks of it, it's a cpu bottleneck, therefore best you can do is OC, try optimize Windows so it uses less resources or upgrade.

19 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I've only ever used integrated audio cards when they became a standard, i strongly doubt a new audio card will make any FPS changes to your system, unless your audio card in badly damaged, in which case the mobo is also damaged, and that would certainly cause issues.

Will getting a new sound card decrease lag in FL studio? Fl studio lags when I add a few instruments, I can also not get a low buffer rate, for instance when performing notes.

18 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

You can't really compare a music program to the audio in a game, they're very different concept and are handled in totally different ways. If you have a bad sound card, you'll just get bad sound. But from the looks of it, it's a cpu bottleneck, therefore best you can do is OC, try optimize Windows so it uses less resources or upgrade.

I suspect there is something odd about the audio engine. Maybe in most of the latest games they have audio engines that do not lag, but if a game is using a different audio engine it may lag the game. The 3d sound in valorant is odd and its hard to determine enemy locations. Perhaps this was made intentionally in order to make the game more competitive. However, I do not understand how my experiments can be explained by blaming CPU or GPU bottleneck. In my experiment all I did is put a small alarmbot behind me which caused the game to lag by 50 fps. I do not understand how putting a small bot behind me would cause that much lag from my cpu or gpu. Putting the other bot behind me didn't make it lag by 50 fps. The only differences between the 2 bots is that the bot that made it lag plays a continuous 3d sound, the other bot does not. However, the bot also detects enemy locations. But since it was in the tutorial room with no enemies I doubt that is why it lags it by 50 fps. I cannot find what audio engine Valorant uses other than the game was made in UE4.

While increasing my CPU abilities will naturally increase the framerate I want to get to the root of the lag first.

1 hour ago, _princess_ said:

The 3d sound in valorant is odd and its hard to determine enemy locations. Perhaps this was made intentionally in order to make the game more competitive. However, I do not understand how my experiments can be explained by blaming CPU or GPU bottleneck. In my experiment all I did is put a small alarmbot behind me which caused the game to lag by 50 fps. I do not understand how putting a small bot behind me would cause that much lag from my cpu or gpu. Putting the other bot behind me didn't make it lag by 50 fps. The only differences between the 2 bots is that the bot that made it lag plays a continuous 3d sound, the other bot does not. However, the bot also detects enemy locations. But since it was in the tutorial room with no enemies I doubt that is why it lags it by 50 fps. I cannot find what audio engine Valorant uses other than the game was made in UE4.

While increasing my CPU abilities will naturally increase the framerate I want to get to the root of the lag first.

It's highly unprobable. But let's say supposedly whatever they use for audio creates that lag. If you add a sound card in absolutely nothing will change since the game isn't made with sound cards in mind, it will not be able to offload instructions, or the 3d spacial audio to the soundcard itself, therefore it will not make a difference, and unless you have the source code of the game you cannot do anything about it to change that. The sound engine is most likely made in-house and you can't really find any info about it.

17 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It's highly unprobable. But let's say supposedly whatever they use for audio creates that lag. If you add a sound card in absolutely nothing will change since the game isn't made with sound cards in mind, it will not be able to offload instructions, or the 3d spacial audio to the soundcard itself, therefore it will not make a difference, and unless you have the source code of the game you cannot do anything about it to change that. The sound engine is most likely made in-house and you can't really find any info about it.

hmm ok thanks. I am going to try installing the process lasso and see if that helps. I am also curious if there is a way to test the cause of this and see if it is indeed the audio lagging the game? Does process lasso have a function to test for audio lag?

I have been doing some more research. I am not fully convinced its an audio issue. It may just be a mysterious issue. I noticed the alarmbot has a small animation while the nano swarm grenade does not. I then suspected it may be lag caused by animation but that seems strange, because it still lags even when the object is outside the viewing frustum. I researched many more abilities. For some reason Sova's main ability does not lag, I would have assumed it would lag since it plays audio as well as has animations and raytraces enemies. However, him holding the bow and not shooting the bow makes it lag. Also, Vipers main ability makes it lag when the objects are put on the ground and not enabled (no animations.) I have not yet found a consistent pattern or behavoir to which objects lag and which don't, thus I label this a "mysterious issue".

Ok I used the Lasso utility and it had no effect. I also ran the game Windowed mode and noticed no correlation between my CPU load and framerate. Thus I conclude my framerate has no correlation with my actual CPU. My RAM also remained at a steady value the entire time.

I watched this video on how to use the Lasso utility:

My conclusion is that maybe it is some obscure Windows setting making me lag. For instance I found out there is an obscure Windows device called High Precision Event Timer that causes lag. I disabled it yet still lag. But something like that, some obscure Windows feature might be causing the lag.

So everything you said basically sounds like cpu bound... 

you can try overclocking or whatever but realistically you need new hardware, and no, it doesn't need to be the *latest*  but it should be decent, not ancient lol... 

Sorry. 😄 And also if you can't afford it, fine, but then you should focus on getting a stable performance - perhaps at 120 fps instead of chasing an arbitrary number that your hardware likely just can't reach - reliably.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

So everything you said basically sounds like cpu bound... 

you can try overclocking or whatever but realistically you need new hardware, and no, it doesn't need to be the *latest*  but it should be decent, not ancient lol... 

Sorry. 😄 And also if you can't afford it, fine, but then you should focus on getting a stable performance - perhaps at 120 fps instead of chasing an arbitrary number that your hardware likely just can't reach - reliably.

I am not understanding why it sounds cpu bound. I followed the video instructions on how to boost my CPU using the Lasso utility. I got no speed improvement doing so. My CPU load is not more than 50% when the game is running. If it was a CPU bound then my CPU load would be 100% imo.

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to PC Gaming

alright, I looked for what subforum to post earlier but didnt see that.

I tried CPU unparking with no significant improvements, maybe 10 fps boost at most.

This video says I should be getting 200+ fps with my card in valorant yet I am getting a RL subpar performance and only measly 170 sometimes even 140 fps:

I suspect there is some obscure windows feature making me lag for no good reason... Any suggestions?

My second theory is it is because my CPU keeps switching the load on cores. My cpu will constantly fluctuate load between cores. I just want it to have a steady load and also 90% load on each core. Instead it keeps randomly fluctuating from 40% to 0% on each core.

Huh? What the hell are you smoking? A sound card won't net you any notable performance upgrade. Sound processing's still being handled by the CPU (and tends to be handled by the CPU in most PC games) and having a sound card literally wouldn't change that. Your CPU is most likely giving its all, unless you have a way to OC your CPU... assuming you aren't anyways.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

9 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Huh? What the hell are you smoking? A sound card won't net you any notable performance upgrade. Sound processing's still being handled by the CPU (and tends to be handled by the CPU in most PC games) and having a sound card literally wouldn't change that. Your CPU is most likely giving its all, unless you have a way to OC your CPU... assuming you aren't anyways.

no cussing please, also we've moved on from that. My current theory is its some obscure windows setting making me lag, and/or that my cpu keeps switching cores instead of getting a steady 90% in all cores.

Also, are you sure about the soundcard thing? Have you tested valorant with both high end and low end soundcards on the same system?

Also let me clarify something. If i get a new gpu or cpu I can probably achieve 240 fps. But there is more to it than that. I want to achieve the best I can get from my hardware. I should be getting more from this hardware. If i buy new hardware before fixing the root of this problem then my new hardware may not be at the peak performance either. I just want my cpu to be at 90%. Instead it keeps fluctuating cores randomly from 40% to 0%. And then its like I buy new hardware when I am barely getting 40% out of my old hardware. And then its like my new hardware giving me 40% and not getting the full potential of my new hardware.

On 1/21/2021 at 2:27 PM, _princess_ said:

But I only get a measly 200 or 170 fps

Measly? lol on 4 cores and a 680, 170-200 fps sounds hot

On 1/24/2021 at 10:03 PM, PhoenixFire22588 said:

Measly? lol on 4 cores and a 680, 170-200 fps sounds hot

my temperatures are cold or midrange. Also consider that the 680 gtx was the best videocard in the world when it was made, and that valorant doesnt have real time pathtracing.

i figured out there might not be a real solution until riot games optimizes the game more. Found out the game was just really poorly optimized and people with newer graphics cards (such as a 2070 rtx) were getting much lower framerates than me. (The person with the 2070 rtx had the same processor as me but somehow their processor also had better specs than my cpu also.)

On 1/25/2021 at 2:20 AM, _princess_ said:

Also let me clarify something. If i get a new gpu or cpu I can probably achieve 240 fps. But there is more to it than that. I want to achieve the best I can get from my hardware. I should be getting more from this hardware. If i buy new hardware before fixing the root of this problem then my new hardware may not be at the peak performance either. I just want my cpu to be at 90%. Instead it keeps fluctuating cores randomly from 40% to 0%. And then its like I buy new hardware when I am barely getting 40% out of my old hardware. And then its like my new hardware giving me 40% and not getting the full potential of my new hardware.

You're probably getting the best it can offer already.

my temperatures are cold or midrange. Also keep in mind the 680 gtx was the best videocard in the world when it was made, and that valorant doesnt have real time pathtracing.

lol, they likely meant hot as in getting 170-200 FPS out of ancient hardware is pretty great. Getting 200 FPS on such old hardware is to me more a testament of how light to run the game is. Real time path tracing is irrelevant, GPUs have evolved big time. The GTX 680 is an ancient relic by now. Doesn't matter what it was 8 years ago, that says nothing about what it should do nowadays.

On 1/24/2021 at 9:44 PM, _princess_ said:

I tried CPU unparking with no significant improvements, maybe 10 fps boost at most.

This video says I should be getting 200+ fps with my card in valorant yet I am getting a RL subpar performance and only measly 170 sometimes even 140 fps:

I suspect there is some obscure windows feature making me lag for no good reason... Any suggestions?

Well in that video they also use an R7 2700X, which is quite a bit more modern than your 3770k, performs generally much better and based on that video takes the lead in Valorant as well. So no, it doesn't say you should be getting 200+ FPS, because you have a weaker CPU.

On 1/24/2021 at 9:44 PM, _princess_ said:

I just want it to have a steady load and also 90% load on each core. Instead it keeps randomly fluctuating from 40% to 0% on each core

Most likely answer: you can't. The game was/is CPU bound and limited by the main game thread, so I'm not at all surprised by the low CPU usage then since it can't leverage multiple cores efficiently.

It may be switching between cores though. You can set the affinity from task manager > details to tell it which cores to use. Maybe try setting the affinity only to the physical cores instead of the hyperthreaded ones.

Found out the game is just really poorly optimized and people with newer graphics cards (such as a 2070 rtx) are getting much lower framerates than me. (The person with the 2070 rtx had the same processor as me but somehow their processor also had better specs than my cpu also.)

TIL getting 170+ FPS from a 2020 game on 8 year old hardware means a poorly optimized game. Sorry, but come on. Is there room for optimization? Maybe, only Riot can see where in the end, but be realistic. Such an amount of frames is more than you could even hope to expect from such a disparity in compute power between then and now.

I think I came across the comment from the "people with 2070 and same cpu, but better specs" they were comparing a 3770k to an unknown modern laptop CPU, which again may very well be faster.

Everything you say points to a CPU bottleneck in my eyes: GPU not maxed out  -> classic sign of the CPU not able to keep up. Shooting, dropping the little robot etc. -> more entities to track and calculate who-knows-what for, hence FPS will drop. You've tried software tricks, last thing in the book would be to try overclocking the CPU. If that's already at max then this is what your hardware is capable of.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

6 hours ago, tikker said:

You're probably getting the best it can offer already.

lol, they likely meant hot as in getting 170-200 FPS out of ancient hardware is pretty great. Getting 200 FPS on such old hardware is to me more a testament of how light to run the game is. Real time path tracing is irrelevant, GPUs have evolved big time. The GTX 680 is an ancient relic by now. Doesn't matter what it was 8 years ago, that says nothing about what it should do nowadays.

Well in that video they also use an R7 2700X, which is quite a bit more modern than your 3770k, performs generally much better and based on that video takes the lead in Valorant as well. So no, it doesn't say you should be getting 200+ FPS, because you have a weaker CPU.

Most likely answer: you can't. The game was/is CPU bound and limited by the main game thread, so I'm not at all surprised by the low CPU usage then since it can't leverage multiple cores efficiently.

It may be switching between cores though. You can set the affinity from task manager > details to tell it which cores to use. Maybe try setting the affinity only to the physical cores instead of the hyperthreaded ones.

TIL getting 170+ FPS from a 2020 game on 8 year old hardware means a poorly optimized game. Sorry, but come on. Is there room for optimization? Maybe, only Riot can see where in the end, but be realistic. Such an amount of frames is more than you could even hope to expect from such a disparity in compute power between then and now.

I think I came across the comment from the "people with 2070 and same cpu, but better specs" they were comparing a 3770k to an unknown modern laptop CPU, which again may very well be faster.

Everything you say points to a CPU bottleneck in my eyes: GPU not maxed out  -> classic sign of the CPU not able to keep up. Shooting, dropping the little robot etc. -> more entities to track and calculate who-knows-what for, hence FPS will drop. You've tried software tricks, last thing in the book would be to try overclocking the CPU. If that's already at max then this is what your hardware is capable of.

Do you think the OP can even tell the difference between 200fps and 170fps, or 170 and 140?

I suspect they spend half their game time obsessing over the fps counter in the corner of their screen, and it has become a dysfunctional process. 

6 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Do you think the OP can even tell the difference between 200fps and 170fps, or 170 and 140?

I suspect they spend half their game time obsessing over the fps counter in the corner of their screen, and it has become a dysfunctional process. 

If they have a 240 Hz screen, there can be a benefit to 240 FPS. I can't comment on OP's skill level or pereception to frame rate. It's just not the easiest framerate to attain and even harder to maintain steadily, which is more important.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 hours ago, tikker said:

If they have a 240 Hz screen, there can be a benefit to 240 FPS. I can't comment on OP's skill level or pereception to frame rate. It's just not the easiest framerate to attain and even harder to maintain steadily, which is more important.

I don't believe he/she can tell the difference, and I reckon he/she has become obsessed with the fps counter in the corner of his screen, and is now hyper sensitive.

If he/she turned it off and just played the game I reckon there would be no issues whatsoever. 

Just my opinion, and I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if that isn't the case.