[Crucial] DDR4 RAM Price Spotted

KakaoDj

Crucial® DDR4 Memory

More speed. More bandwidth. More efficient. Next generation DDR4 memory is here.

Designed to enable the next generation of enterprise and consumer products, Crucial® DDR4 memory technology makes everything you do on a computer or server faster and more efficient than ever before. Crucial DDR4 memory is up to twice as fast, and delivers up to 50% more bandwidth and 20% more energy efficiency than DDR3 technology when it was introduced.

2x the Speed

Load applications faster. Enable better responsiveness, and increase memory bandwidth by up to 50% to 25.6 GB/s. With Crucial DDR4 memory, introductory data rates start at 2133 MT/s and get even faster as the technology matures, compared to introductory DDR3 rates of 1066 MT/s. Crucial DDR4 memory also delivers faster burst access speeds for improved sequential data throughput by utilizing 4-bank groups that are unique to DDR4 technology.

2x the Capacity

Install more memory in your system and achieve a higher level of performance. As DDR4 memory technology matures, it will allow you to double a system's installed memory capacity and achieve an unprecedented level of performance. Built using smaller die that allow more gigabits per component, Crucial DDR4 memory is designed to utilize higher density components, allowing us to deliver DDR4 modules that are up to twice as dense.

20% More Energy Efficient

Reduce power expenses and extend battery life. Crucial DDR4 memory uses 20% less voltage than DDR3 technology. Operating at 1.2V compared to 1.5V for standard DDR3 memory, our new modules deliver better performance using less energy. This reduction in voltage extends the battery life of tablets, laptops, and ultrabooks, and can substantially reduce power consumption, especially in data centers.

Micron® Quality – A Higher Level of Reliability

As a brand of Micron, one of the largest memory manufacturers in the world, Crucial DDR4 memory represents the future of system capability. From the original DDR technology to DDR4, we've engineered the memory technologies that have been powering the world's computers for 35 years and counting. When you choose Crucial DDR4 memory, you're choosing memory that's backed by a limited lifetime warranty and designed for the world's leading systems.* Don't settle for anything less.

Source

The only listed module ($445.99): 16GB kit (8GBx2), 288-pin DIMM, DDR4 PC4-17000 memory module

Quite expensive, but it will of course be cheaper once we see some new chipsets and it becomes mainstream  :)

DDR4 isn't really relevant until skylake anyways (unless your barreh/wallet is ready for Haswell-E), and rumors suggest that carizzo (next gen kaveri) might support ddr3 and ddr4.

I sure won't upgrade to DDR4 anytime soon

Edit: This is server RAM, which a lot of people glanced over, so it has ECC and all that other good stuff, which is why it's so expensive (+ new tech and all that)

zxQL0wV.png

I'm sorry. Either I'm blind or I missed it. Where is the price? Also give us some your input/feedback in the OP.

EDIT: You either ninjaed or saw my post. Is that the price because of the RAM factory gone? Or is that what it will start even if RAM prices go back to normal? Probably will be worth more than the cheapest processor that uses DDR4.

"One of the listed modules ($445.99)"

I'd like to say I would dump all my money into brand new RAM but...

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Holy shit! Ram is already expensive enough these days but that just blows everything out of the water. The cheapest ram is 7.31 a gig these days and this is 28.37. 4 times the price. Fuck this. 

AHAHAHAHA!

Wtf.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

not worth it.. it'll be unstable piece of crap when it comes out.. i'll wait a couple of years

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

I think I'll just stick with my Ram.

"Believe in yourself. Cuz that's the way to start." 

It does say that those dimms are registered and ECC. If DDR4 follows the same trend as DDR3 then non-ECC and un-registered dimms would cost about half as much. Which is still ~$220 for 16GB.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Seriously, what's wrong with people around here? Were you all born yesterday and don't know new RAM technologies have always been overpriced when launched, so much that it was recommended to stay on an older platform?

Love how they just omit the latency. Bet it's CL35. Lots of burst bandwith, but you'll have time to go on holiday and come back again from the point where you access something to where it's actually begun transferring.

I will buy into DDR4 once single 16GB modules drop below $200.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

CL15, I expected worse.

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

DDR4 will suffer though :/

anyways it will take 1+ year for the prices to get affordable 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It does say that those dimms are registered and ECC. If DDR4 follows the same trend as DDR3 then non-ECC and un-registered dimms would cost about half as much. Which is still ~$220 for 16GB.

Why have no one seen this post? This is server grade memory so of course it would be a lot more expensive. Mainstream memory would be about half that price or so.

288 pin RAM? Is the newer RAM socket going to be longer? I doubt that, but I could of course be wrong.

288 pin RAM? Is the newer RAM socket going to be longer? I doubt that, but I could of course be wrong.

maybe more dense pins? i don't know  :P

Well.. that makes sense. They will of course need more bandwidth for communicating. Mini ITX boards are going to have problem with it probably because it will take a lot more space.

Damn! Thats Kinda Cheap for a 16 GB DDR4 Kit. Much cheaper then i expected. I was prepared to pay for a 16 GB kit: 622 USD = 4000 SEK

Seems my future will be bright if the prices are correct, seems like no money issues after all:D

But This DDR4 seems to Be ECC server grade and they use to be expensiver then the normal ones, also DDR4 NORMAL maybe will be cheaper:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Damn! Thats Kinda Cheap for a 16 GB DDR4 Kit. Much cheaper then i expected. I was prepared to pay for a 16 GB kit: 622 USD = 4000 SEK

Seems my future will be bright if the prices are correct, seems like no money issues after all:D

But This DDR4 seems to Be ECC server grade and they use to be expensiver then the normal ones, also DDR4 NORMAL maybe will be cheaper:D

It will take a while, but it will be a lot cheaper than this  ;)

Seriously, what's wrong with people around here? Were you all born yesterday and don't know new RAM technologies have always been overpriced when launched, so much that it was recommended to stay on an older platform?

Yep, it's always like this.

I paid 155 USD (if you remove tax and other extra fees for being in Sweden it would be like 100 USD) for 4GB of DDR3 back in 2008. I am really excited for when the prices goes down and 16GB modules becomes fairly common.

It will take a while, but it will be a lot cheaper than this  ;)

if you are correct i love you, If you are incorrect i love you anyways because i will get good dreams tonight:)

Before i was dreaming this:

MUAHAHHAHAHAH; DDR4 4 GIG ONLY 999999 USD!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAH

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Thx for the Alert anyways:D