5600x High Temps with AIO?

Okay, so basically I have my new shiny 5600x and bought a new shiny cooler to go with it to get the best temps I can get to make this computer really last a long time and look great. But my temps really haven't ideal despite having the $150 H100i Icue Elite Capellix. I have been doing some research and have been finding that people with AIO's and zen 3 chips with even more cores are idiling in the 20-30 C range and 5600x's around the same. My idle temps are around 46-52 C and I think that is really high for a AIO that boasts two large QL 120's I believe. The temps I get in gaming vary from 65-78 C ish, which aren't really terrible I know. But since I payed so much for an AIO I would just really love to get the temps I sacrificed the extra dollar for. I tried to tighten to the cooler to make sure there was no connectivity issue, but that didn't do anything. I messed with all of the cooling settings on the ICUE software, but it only lowered the temps by a couple degrees. The only thing that I haven't done that I am trying to avoid doing is redoing the thermal paste just because I don't have any lying around unfortunately. But since that was pre-applied it shouldn't be an issue, right? There seems to be a trend with aorus board users having their 5600x running hot from browsing multiple forums I think, maybe its a voltage issue? I have felt the tubes and I only notice water going through one and its only if I make the RPM high on the ICUE software, but I feel like that's probably due to how insanely thick the tubing is on this cooler. If anyone does think it is a voltage issue what should my new target be? For anyone asking about orientation, I have it top mounted and don't worry barbs aren't up; they are on the sides but I can try to mount it with the barbs on the bottom if anyone thinks that'll make a large difference. Whenever I open a browser or any program the temps seem to spike like 4 C ish sometimes 8 C, but I don't think that's a big deal. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions to lower my idle or if they think something is wrong with the cooler pls let me know, any response is appreciated :). 

Specs are as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 5600x

MOBO: Aorus x570 Elite Wifi

AIO: H100i Elite Capllix 

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 3200mhz DDR4

M.2: Western Digital 1tb NVME

GPU: MSI X Trio 3070

CASE: Corsair ICUE 4000x RGB

PSU: Corsair 750 RM

air can be better, but it all depends.

could be that it's giving more load to the CPU like higher voltage than normal? not sure.

since you might not get that bad temps in load vs idle, I guess your cooler works at least.

Also what BIOS do you have, did you install the newest one?

The 5xxx series in general runs hot. I wouldn't worry about idle temps. What is it under full load?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

55 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

air can be better, but it all depends.

could be that it's giving more load to the CPU like higher voltage than normal? not sure.

since you might not get that bad temps in load vs idle, I guess your cooler works at least.

Also what BIOS do you have, did you install the newest one?

Yea, I forgot to mention that the case came with three QL120's and I have an ll120 in the rear as well if you're worried about just general airflow in the case. And yea I guess I will have to research the voltages to make sure they are correct. Load temps were like around 60 and gaming its like 70 C, so yea I mean I guess it definitely works. Also, yup I have the newest BIOS and Chipset updates.

45 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

The 5xxx series in general runs hot. I wouldn't worry about idle temps. What is it under full load?

I don't really know good CPU benchmark programs, but under like 80 percent load according to NZXT hardware monitor on BFV it was at like 70 which tbh isn't bad at all, but I'm just wondering why the idles seem so high bc I see ppl with the stock cooler getting similar numbers, just a bit higher. Also that was only for like 10 min to be fair just to test for your question. Task Manager said it was at 100% utilization at the same time, but I have a feeling that was a lie. Like its not a huge deal because yea you are right those chips are just meant to run really hot, but it just seems off to me. Maybe I'll just have to see if some new thermal paste helps at all.

Transistor dense chips. So you will see spikes. That's normal.

I'm wondering if PBO is just enabled or something? What are the clock speeds associated with the voltage during idle med and heavy loads?