Is a OEM GTX 1660 worth it?

AsianBrom

making a budget build computer rig for around 600$ and knowing today's prices in Graphics cards are actually a yikes i have to go for a second hand graphics card. There's a local offer for a OEM nvidia Graphics card 1660 ti for $100 and so far the seller says there was no problems with it so far. (for reference i looked up the card he selling and the specs are are here https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/dell-gtx-1660-ti-oem.b8118 ) Now i'm looking for second opinions and if i do buy it. I'm looking for also suggestions on what CPUs you guys recommend as well as any other parts you guys suggest i can put in for this build.

making a budget build computer rig for around 600$ and knowing today's prices in Graphics cards are actually a yikes i have to go for a second hand graphics card. There's a local offer for a OEM nvidia Graphics card 1660 ti for $100 and so far the seller says there was no problems with it so far. (for reference i looked up the card he selling and the specs are are here https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/dell-gtx-1660-ti-oem.b8118 ) Now i'm looking for second opinions and if i do buy it. I'm looking for also suggestions on what CPUs you guys recommend as well as any other parts you guys suggest i can put in for this build.

10 minutes ago, AsianBrom said:

Graphics card 1660 ti for $100

That's a pretty great deal for it, IF it works.

My suggestion, stress test it hard, before you buy it.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's a pretty great deal for it, IF it works.

My suggestion, stress test it hard, before you buy it.

yeah, If I do plan on buying the card, gonna install it in a benchmark system I have on deck to make sure nothing is wrong with the card and test it there first before anything with the card.

3 minutes ago, AsianBrom said:

yeah, If I do plan on buying the card, gonna install it in a benchmark system I have on deck to make sure nothing is wrong with the card and test it there first before anything with the card.

If eBay is anything to go by, the sold items start at 100$ (oddly, for a Dell OEM version) upward to many many hundreds of dollars.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Single fan = hot and loud

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Did you ask why he's selling it?

Seems decent if it's working fine and works with standard stuffs

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1660 Ti for $100 is a v good price as long as it is working. Also if you choose to upgrade to a 30 series card later you have a good chance of making most of your money back...

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

Single fan = hot and loud

I"m going to disagree here. I have a single fan 1060 3GB and I *never* hear the fan running. It idles at around 50C and seems to top out under artificial stress tests at 75C, but under normal gaming loads, not much more than 60C.

9 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I"m going to disagree here. I have a single fan 1060 3GB and I *never* hear the fan running. It idles at around 50C and seems to top out under artificial stress tests at 75C, but under normal gaming loads, not much more than 60C.

Is that in winter?,In summer temps are usually 10C+ higher than in winter.

85C is high,90C is very high temperature.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

Is that in winter?,In summer temps are usually 10C+ higher than in winter.

85C is high,90C is very high temperature.

Winter yes, but I keep my house at 75 degrees in the winter, and 80 in the summer (I like heat) 

You'll note I said nothing about 85 or 90. ONly under artificial stress tests does it get anywhere near warm.