Stupid graphics card question rtx 3070

Zek89

So I was finally able to order an evga rtx 3070 but I have never owned a gpu that needed two 8 pin connections on it. 

So will my cable in the picture be enough or do I need a second cable also? 

The cable shown is 8 pin on one end, then the other side is duel 6+2

20210120_104645.jpg

17 minutes ago, Zek89 said:

So I was finally able to order an evga rtx 3070 but I have never owned a gpu that needed two 8 pin connections on it. 

So will my cable in the picture be enough or do I need a second cable also? 

The cable shown is 8 pin on one end, then the other side is duel 6+2

20210120_104645.jpg

If the card you're using requires 2 "8-pin" connectors, it would considered wiser to use 2 separate cables for a 3070.

That cable would suffice, at a pinch, but 2 plugs off the same cable may tax the PSU more than it needs to.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

What psu do you have? That is the starting point we should go with here. if you have a good quality psu then it's fine to use a dual 6+2 pin cable sure separate is better and if you can do it but it doesn't hurt

Unless you’re doing something crazy, one cable is more than enough.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

each cable only handles 150 watts this is why you need 2 seperate cables other wise you are going to run into problems with your psu doing over protection shut downs and not giving the card enough power too 

48 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

If the card you're using requires 2 "8-pin" connectors, it would considered wiser to use 2 separate cables for a 3070.

That cable would suffice, at a pinch, but 2 plugs off the same cable may tax the PSU more than it needs to.

Thank you. That is what is I was leaning more towards more but was not fully sure