DIY Custom loop or professional person?

Zowy1
2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

This person just wants your $300 and will say whatever it take to do so. Is this soft or hard tubing? If its soft tubing, its totally not worth it. If its hard tubing, then maybe, but it better involve some serious design work.

If you are in a dilemma, just get an aircooler, you should be 120% sure you want to get into custom watercooling before you do it. If you have any doubt, just stay clear of custom liquid cooling.

hard tubing sure..

I think I can do that but because I not tried that It is some risky on my new system.. I think the only "hard" part is make the hard tubing.

If have some leak my hardware was defect? I see some people told they have some leak and after that have problem with the hardware..

If it is not a premium build I not think about custom because it is not worth it.. but here is the 5900 with 3080.

Just now, Zowy1 said:

hard tubing sure..

I think I can do that but because I not tried that It is some risky on my new system.. I think the only "hard" part is make the hard tubing.

If have some leak my hardware was defect? I see some people told they have some leak and after that have problem with the hardware..

If it is not a premium build I not think about custom because it is not worth it.. but here is the 5900 with 3080.

No, a leak will not kill components if you do it probably, you do not power on the system until the system is filled and leak tested. Forget it, I give up trying to communicate with you for this unproductive thread, maybe others will give you an opinion that rings better with your ears. Have fun.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

No, a leak will not kill components if you do it probably, you do not power on the system until the system is filled and leak tested. Forget it, I give up trying to communicate with you for this unproductive thread, maybe others will give you an opinion that rings better with your ears. Have fun.

You think that you not help me to decide? you wrong.. you help me dude.

what you mean serious design work? maybe you give me idea and I tell this to him

5 minutes ago, Zowy1 said:

-

Final post, as I said from the beginning, the person should as a minimum:

- Confirm the system works before starting the work

- Go through with you the design they intend on implementing (regardless of hard tubing/soft tubing)

- Do the installation within a specified time frame (no use if they take half a year to complete the job)

- Ensure that the system works after the installation

- Provide some form of instructions for the maintenance procedure, or better agree to a certain maintenance schedule (frequency and cost)

- Provide aftercare support.

If any of these are lacking, then its a definite no. Any monkey off the street can rig up a loop for $300, leak test it, then it gets corroded to hell or clogged with precipitate 2 months later and not bat an eyelid. After care is so much more important than you think, especially if they aren't choosing the components.

Things that should be designed and agreed beforehand:

- Block material and coolant choice

- Radiator placement direction (cross flow or U-flow)

- Hard tubing material (Acrylic, PETG, Metal)

- Component placement (e.g. vertical GPU or not)

- Number of bends implemented in the tubing and the tubing routing (if no bends are intended, then the number of 90 degree fittings needed)#

- Drain port placement

- Whether a distro-plate will be used

- temperature sensor implementation, and how the fans will be controlled

- Pump speed control, (how and where)

thats just the off of my head, but the fact that I am telling you this now and that the guy hasn't discussed this with you, sounds like a right scam to me. The "I'll work with whatever you give me" approach is a simple reflection is that this guy gives zero f*cks about whether what he gets is workable or even compatible, and is ready to take your $300, do whatever he can with it, and then piss off. Clearly not somebody with any pride for the systems they build.

5 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Final post, as I said from the beginning, the person should as a minimum:

- Confirm the system works before starting the work

- Go through with you the design they intend on implementing (regardless of hard tubing/soft tubing)

- Do the installation within a specified time frame (no use if they take half a year to complete the job)

- Ensure that the system works after the installation

- Provide some form of instructions for the maintenance procedure, or better agree to a certain maintenance schedule (frequency and cost)

- Provide aftercare support.

If any of these are lacking, then its a definite no. Any monkey off the street can rig up a loop for $300, leak test it, then it gets corroded to hell or clogged with precipitate 2 months later and not bat an eyelid. After care is so much more important than you think, especially if they aren't choosing the components.

Things that should be designed and agreed beforehand:

- Block material and coolant choice

- Radiator placement direction (cross flow or U-flow)

- Hard tubing material (Acrylic, PETG, Metal)

- Component placement (e.g. vertical GPU or not)

- Number of bends implemented in the tubing and the tubing routing (if no bends are intended, then the number of 90 degree fittings needed)#

- Drain port placement

- Whether a distro-plate will be used

- temperature sensor implementation, and how the fans will be controlled

- Pump speed control, (how and where)

thats just the off of my head, but the fact that I am telling you this now and that the guy hasn't discussed this with you, sounds like a right scam to me. The "I'll work with whatever you give me" approach is a simple reflection is that this guy gives zero f*cks about whether what he gets is workable or even compatible, and is ready to take your $300, do whatever he can with it, and then piss off. Clearly not somebody with any pride for the systems they build.

Oh no dude.. this man told me all that things but we not choose any parts because I not accepted yet to the custom loop.. I need to give decision to him and after that we choose the components and tell him how I want that..

As I say.. it is not simple guy.. this guy made customs maybe everyday for customers and do good jobs.

47 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Sounds like you've already made up your mind, and just want somebody to agree with your decision. Unfortunately I am not the one who can give you that. It is a waste of $300, you ought to do it yourself otherwise you will just find big trouble for yourself later. 

We're back to where I was 1 hour ago. Do what you want, you aren't going to change my mind on this matter, this is a waste of $300. Period.