Coil Whine coresponding to GPU Load.

Go to solution Solved by glenalz81,
55 minutes ago, RedShadow said:

The back panel is completely normal but it's a pain to use it since it's under the desk

Quality issues and interference are known features on front panel audio. Do whatever you need to do to use the rear ports.

I have coil whine in my headset through the front audio panel. The back panel is completely normal but it's a pain to use it since it's under the desk.

I tried V-Sync in Minecraft, Rocket League and other BUT it didn't work.

What can i do without replacing my 1 day old Strix GTX 950?

Not using your gtx 950?

On a more series note, coil wine can’t be removed, it can be slightly reduced however. It’s tied to voltage which is tied to load, so you have to undervolt it and possibly lower clocks and things along that line.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Cheapest option, extension cord.

Better idea, external DAC/AMP

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, Jumballi said:

Not using your gtx 950?

On a more series note, coil wine can’t be removed, it can be slightly reduced however. It’s tied to voltage which is tied to load, so you have to undervolt it and possibly lower clocks and things along that line.

I JUST bought this whole new PC and i have to get rid of it now?

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Cheapest option, extension cord.

Better idea, external DAC/AMP

That could work but i want to fix it without spending money (I have NO money to spend). I have seen some threads of someone fixing their front panel buzzing by rerouting the audio cable? Is there any way i can fix it from cables or internals?

2 minutes ago, RedShadow said:

I JUST bought this whole new PC and i have to get rid of it now?

If coil wine is as big of an issue to you as you say it is, then that is the most drastic option you can take.

However you yourself did point out that the rear audio works fine and @samcool55made a great suggestion on how to alleviate any issues that you had with it. 

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Try reseating everything incl. motherboard. Or use a grounded outlet. Make sure there is nothing touching the case. Coil whine dosen't usually go through the audio outputs.

Also if not grounded, then make sure that the atx power cord isn't going around any metal as it will give you really weird results.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Try reseating everything. Or use a grounded outlet. Make sure there is nothing touching the case. Coil whine dosen't usually go through the audio outputs.

This PC was built by my friend and i don't really know computers and such. I DON'T hear the coil whine physiclly. It's a problem in the front panel and it responds to the GPU load. Ex. If i'm looking up in the sky in any game, the Buzzing is quiet. But if i look into the high rendered buildings, the buzzing is really not good for ears. My dad uses this PC but uses speakers and i use Headset so i plug the headset on the front and the speakers on the back. If i don't fix it, i might as well be forcing my dad on the headset.

3 minutes ago, RedShadow said:

This PC was built by my friend and i don't really know computers and such. You DON'T hear the coil whine physiclly. It's a problem in the front panel and it responds to the GPU load. Ex. If i'm looking up in the sky in any game, the Buzzing is quiet. But if i look into the high rendered buildings, the buzzing is really not good for ears. My dad uses this PC but uses speakers and i use Headset so i plug the headset on the front and the speakers on the back. If i don't fix it, i might as well be forcing my dad on the headset.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

5 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

I have red that thread and from the things i have seen, the PSU is the problem or the audio cable. I can't really do anything but look at the front panel cables.

4 minutes ago, RedShadow said:

I have red that thread and from the things i have seen, the PSU is the problem or the audio cable.

You sure? He still have the problem after. I would seriously consider opening the case and just reseat motherboard, making sure everything is good and not touching anything. Have you tried turning on the pc and touching the back of the case(I/O side)? Tried something similar once. Was a molex connector touching case side panel.

FS in Denmark/EU:

Try moving the audio cable inside, and if that doesn't help as mentioned get a $5 extension to plug in the rear port.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Get yourself a grounding loop Isolator. This should solve your problems. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

21 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

You sure? He still have the problem after. I would seriously consider opening the case and just reseat motherboard, making sure everything is good and not touching anything. Have you tried turning on the pc and touching the back of the case(I/O side)? Tried something similar once. Was a molex connector touching case side panel.

I never tried that.

Just now, RedShadow said:

I never tried that.

There's a first time for everything

FS in Denmark/EU:

36 minutes ago, RedShadow said:

That could work but i want to fix it without spending money (I have NO money to spend). I have seen some threads of someone fixing their front panel buzzing by rerouting the audio cable? Is there any way i can fix it from cables or internals?

Unlikely, also an extension cable is like a few bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Extension-Compatible-Samsung-Amplifiers/dp/B07J5TY343/ref=sr_1_13?crid=2N5SOHGYD8VJJ&dchild=1&keywords=3.5+inch+extension+cable&qid=1611045284&sprefix=3.5+inch+extensio%2Caps%2C216&sr=8-13

Something like this should do the trick.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

55 minutes ago, RedShadow said:

The back panel is completely normal but it's a pain to use it since it's under the desk

Quality issues and interference are known features on front panel audio. Do whatever you need to do to use the rear ports.

4 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

I will try. Ty.