how u remove dis?

OVER10RD

How do you remove these rubber pins (or plugs? whatever these are called) to take this fan off the casing?

photo_2021-01-16_18-53-19.jpg

photo_2021-01-16_18-53-17.jpg

They just squish out

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Just yank the fan out.

photo_2021-01-16_18-53-17.jpg.9754cf95a6451dbcafc7b78990e36d6a.jpg.b76fbd7b386f1b97b14c5eb8b5fee5d5.jpg

To put it back, align the fans (with the rubber pins still attached to the fan) roughly to the case holes. So the rubber ends are protruding out the case holes. Then pull the protruding rubber ends until it snaps into place.

6 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

They just squish out

3 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

Just yank the fan out.

photo_2021-01-16_18-53-17.jpg.9754cf95a6451dbcafc7b78990e36d6a.jpg.b76fbd7b386f1b97b14c5eb8b5fee5d5.jpg

To put it back, align the fans (with the rubber pins still attached to the fan) roughly to the case holes. So the rubber ends are protruding out the case holes. Then pull the protruding rubber ends until it snaps into place.

the pins are pretty old and worn out and i don't want to break them. but if it's the only way, i guess i'll give it a try for better or worse

2 hours ago, crystal6tak said:

Just yank the fan out.

2 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

They just squish out

the pins don't have enough elasticity left to be squished out undamaged. so i decided to leave it there for now. but i appreciate the help, guys. thanks

47 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

The state of that case makes me want to gromit 

should've seen it before i dusted it 🤣

3 hours ago, OVER10RD said:

photo_2021-01-16_18-53-19.jpg

Oh a brown noctua fan with the rubber mounts

3 hours ago, OVER10RD said:

photo_2021-01-16_18-53-17.jpg

image.png.5b71a540e4225979a7c01d8d0b2d0d64.png

1 hour ago, OVER10RD said:

should've seen it before i dusted it 🤣

This is AFTER?!

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 hours ago, OVER10RD said:

the pins don't have enough elasticity left to be squished out undamaged. so i decided to leave it there for now. but i appreciate the help, guys. thanks

I would advice you cut them and use rubber o-rings or buy new ones. Looking at how old and dirty everything looks, you can clean the fan better if its off, and the effectiveness of rubber mounts is questionable in my own experiences.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, OVER10RD said:

Don't be afraid to put a bit more force than you're comfortable with, I thought first time I took a fan like that off that it was going to break the rubber things, but it didn't.

7 hours ago, OVER10RD said:

If they break just use a few case screws to put it  back. 👍

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

20 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Oh a brown noctua fan with the rubber mounts

image.png.5b71a540e4225979a7c01d8d0b2d0d64.png

This is AFTER?!

Yup LOL

16 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Don't be afraid to put a bit more force than you're comfortable with, I thought first time I took a fan like that off that it was going to break the rubber things, but it didn't.

oh wow! i never imagined they could stretch that much