Looking to buy headphones with the largest soundstage for gaming

Drakcore

Hey guys, I'm looking for a New set of Headphones for Gaming. As it stands, for the most part, I play Open World RPG games. With some, but very little FPS. So I'm wanting to lean more towards that open-world area. I currently have and use Sennheiser HD579 and the Sennheiser/Massdrop HD 6XX.  I'm looking for Headphones with a larger soundstage to give me that bigger open feeling if that makes sense.
I prefer Openback and looking for something with the largest soundstage that I can get for $400.00 - $450.00

Any information would be very much appreciated.

The ath air series as well as the Sundara have the widest soundstages in my experience. But you can get a bigger soundstage than those Sennheisers for cheaper with like a dt 880 , akg k7xx , he 4xx and assuming you don't have an amp for a $100 the liquid spark is know to increase that soundstage a wee bit  if you want to run any of these harder to drive headphones but don't have an amp to drive them yet.

I forgot to mention I DO have an AMP the JDS LABS Atom Amp

18 minutes ago, rice guru said:

The ath air series as well as the Sundara have the widest soundstages in my experience. But you can get a bigger soundstage than those Sennheisers for cheaper with like a dt 880 , akg k7xx , he 4xx and assuming you don't have an amp for a $100 the liquid spark is know to increase that soundstage a wee bit  if you want to run any of these harder to drive headphones but don't have an amp to drive them yet.

Yeah, I've been looking at the AKG K7XX - the HIFIMAN Sundaras as well as the AKG Pro Audio K712 Pro. They all sound good from what I could gather on YouTube. Like I was saying, it's not about saving money, but the best I can get for that price range.

22 minutes ago, Not Wills said:

Grado

I'm guessing you're talking about the Grado SR80e Prestige Series?

2 hours ago, Drakcore said:

Yeah, I've been looking at the AKG K7XX - the HIFIMAN Sundaras as well as the AKG Pro Audio K712 Pro. They all sound good from what I could gather on YouTube. Like I was saying, it's not about saving money, but the best I can get for that price range.

in terms of the best sound wise the sundara I would put as the best. epecially paired with a befy amp like a liquid spark specifically as that pairing is pretty great as the added weight in the bass regions of the liquid spark adds to the overall immereiveness   it also has excellent layering. but because it is a planar the sundara is hefty on the head. for better comfort I do reccomend the dt 990 600 ohm with a liquid spark, or the akg k712 or 7xx these guys can run off your motherboard but may not be enough so a amp is reccomended but not essential

The more I think about it I'm leaning towards buying the Sundaras. I do have the JDS LABS Atom Amp. But I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the Schiit Magnius Amp and Schiit Modius Dac Combo and put the Atom on the other Computer.

Thanks for the help guys!!!