How make my new ssd the C drive and transfer old datas to it

kaans42

I had a sata 240gb ss on my PC for a long time and it is not quite enough for me for now. So i bought a 500gb nvme ssd. I want to make the new ssd my c drive, like i want to transfer every single file to the newer ssd including Windows and clean the older one. I found some apps that transfers windows files to an another disk but couldnt understand completely and it was only for windows. If anyone could help or knew any guide about it i would be really happy.

You'd basically just want to clone your main drive to it. I usually use macrium reflect for that , the free version will do it. But yes theres other cloning softwares that others can recommend

1 minute ago, emosun said:

You'd basically just want to clone your main drive to it. I usually use macrium reflect for that , the free version will do it. But yes theres other cloning softwares that others can recommend

Does that clone windows too and if i delete the older one would it be any problem. 

2 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

Does that clone windows too and if i delete the older one would it be any problem. 

It just clones what you have now onto the new drive. So however your pc was prior to the new disk will be how it is with the new disk.

28 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

I had a sata 240gb ss on my PC for a long time and it is not quite enough for me for now. So i bought a 500gb nvme ssd. I want to make the new ssd my c drive, like i want to transfer every single file to the newer ssd including Windows and clean the older one. I found some apps that transfers windows files to an another disk but couldnt understand completely and it was only for windows. If anyone could help or knew any guide about it i would be really happy.

Clonezilla

31 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

Yes it will clone windows to if done properly.

Don't delete your old drive right after you clone it.

Keep it for a week or two to make sure the cloning is succesful.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w