AC 2 Gamepad trouble

virtualTune

Recently Assasins Creed 2 was on sale and since I haven't played any of them yet, I looked at some reviews and figured AC2 would be the best choice. When I first started the game, I had to remap the buttons on my Wireless Xbox Controller but after that it worked well. Unfortunately, the next time i went to play the game the key default was set back to keyboard rather than Gamepad. Not a big deal, it had at least still saved my button layout. That was yesterday. Today went I wanted to play, all of the sudden I don't even have an option for a gamepad. The controller works fine with other games, so it must be a problem with the game.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

I realize I could somehow map the controller with a software and use the keyboard keys mapped to my gamepad, but i'd rather just use the in-game options, considering they worked well before.

-vT

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Plug the controller back in to your computer and see if that fixes it. Use a different usb port? Re-pair the controller with the dongle?