GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING OC

Are there any waterblocks that will fit GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING OC,

I managed to beat the bots with this and did not have time to do any homework on it.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the exact same situation. I managed to get a GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING OC today on Newegg and jumped on it because it was available and I've been trying to get any 3080 or 6800xt since launch 🙄

Wondering if anyone knows of any waterblocks for this card. Additional info, I am building in an NCASE M1, so the height of the block needs to be less than 140mm at the mid area.

Here is a Image of the PCB that I scoured the Internet for, I'm going to try to collect the rest of the partner card PCBs images and compare what one will fit.

If you happen to find one that will before hand please post.

IMG_8496.PNG

11 hours ago, JeremyB said:

Are there any waterblocks that will fit GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING OC,

I managed to beat the bots with this and did not have time to do any homework on it.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

To my knowledge there aren't any blocks out there except for the AMD Founder's Edition - which are reference PCB I assume unlike with the current NVIDIA GPUs.

So compare your PCB with the AMD FE PCB.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

Sadly after hours and hours of looking at the PCBs of the different cards, none will fit. The four resistors at the end of the card are in a straight line on the rest of the cards. 

39 minutes ago, JeremyB said:

Sadly after hours and hours of looking at the PCBs of the different cards, none will fit. The four resistors at the end of the card are in a straight line on the rest of the cards. 

Wait and hope or go with some universal brackets.

Edit: or look at the stuff Bykski has on offer or design one yourself in CAD and have it CNC machined for you.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

Are you familiar with anybody that can custom make a water block for that? I did order one of the bykski blocks but sadly what they're making for the new AMD cards do not look as good as some of their older ones. Not to mention it won't be here for probably two months.

From what I've seen, it doesn't look like the block that bykski makes will work for the Gaming OC 6800XT, due to the different capacitor orientation at the end of the card on the Gigabyte card. Is there a model that I didn't find that does support the Gaming OC card?

Otherwise, I am going to put a compatibility inquiry form with ekwb. Maybe if they see enough demand, they will make a block that fits the Gaming OC.

Hello. I have the same card, Really dont put a block on this one. Its very limited. No 2 bios and you only have 9% power on this one. 

Mine refuses to go over 2600mhz and just starts to show arctifacts , I was going to put a block also but I think I will wait fotr the 6900xt bios to work on 6800xt cards. 

Alphacool has a block for this card its around 125£

Could you give me a link for the alphcool, I have spent hours upon hours trying to find one. alphcool is what my whole system is cooled with so if I could get a waterblock that fits this I would be over the moon. There is one for the gigabyte 6900 xt that I found, but I could not find one for the GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING OC.

If you live in Europe, Alphacool has a program where they will design and send you a waterblock for free if it is for a card that do not already have a waterblock available for. You will need to send your card to Alphacool, and they will send it back. I don't live in Europe, so this doesn't apply to me. But, I put in an inquiry to see if they would still make a waterblock for the Gaming OC.

Hopefully they say yes, they seem to create a pretty broad spectrum of water blocks for the cards. If you wouldn't mind posting their response whether or not they're going to, once they get back to you I'd really appreciate it.

by the looks of it Gigabyte used less modified pcb out of all custom RX6800xt, it has some minor differences to ther refference AMD pcb and the refference waterblock from EK might fit with very minor mods.

AMD 6800xt

634790171_6800xtpcb.thumb.jpg.c0fcbcd6b60b2bf3f11b06b9346a743b.jpg

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING OC

Gigabyte-RadeonRX-6800XT-Gaming.thumb.jpg.f593162e7ed4e68cf8cd4ad962f73cb1.jpg

AORUS Radeon RX 6800 XT Master Type-C

27.thumb.jpg.1930b3e7230d7c0f60aaa8e22b08bfca.jpg

Howeverer some cooler mounting holes are different but not imortant ones (around GPU, VRAM, power delivery) 

Also there is no cutout on the EK waterblock for the 4 inline caps. assuming they are the same as on the refference pcb thus there is no need to modify the waterblock in order too fit that caps

I marked red same mounting holes on the Gigabyte pcb and the blue ones can be used with some minor mods to the waterblock.

720922238_pcbg.thumb.jpg.ffc0316f54a0698dafe52eeef2c8cf02.jpg

BUT I do not advise to do it unless you have enough skill to do it. It is feasible but not advisible. 

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

Unfortunately, Alphacool said they would be unable to make a block for this card because they are unable to get this card in the EU. It may be a similar situation with ekwb, whom I have not yet heard back from.

@JeremyB You ordered the waterblock that Bykski makes for the Gaming OC right? Let me know how it works out. That's still the only block I've seen specifically made for this card, so I'm either gonna get that block or probably sell my card and go back to hunting 3080s.

I found one on aliexpress
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Al9hjz

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

Heavily considering getting an alpha cool block and modifying it, or taking a trip to China. I'm just not sure how awkward the block would look after modification.

Heavily considering getting an alpha cool block and modifying it, or taking a trip to China. I'm just not sure how awkward the block would look after modification.

Choosing the Byksk path I should have went through Amazon, its seems it would have been a bit sooner receiving it. There is a video of the Byksk install on a 6800 xt

card, just to give an idea of how it will look. 

I use a bykski block in one of my pc’s, it is fine, it works, probably a couple degrees warmer than the alphacool or ek one but it is not a problem, as long as it keeps my flashed and overclocked vega56 (nano pcb) under control

What coolant do you use? A couple years ago I purchased one for my RX 580 and ran distilled water with liquid utopia and it started corroding after about seven months.

Not for sure if it was just defective nickel plating or if it was my fault.

23 hours ago, JeremyB said:

What coolant do you use? A couple years ago I purchased one for my RX 580 and ran distilled water with liquid utopia and it started corroding after about seven months.

Not for sure if it was just defective nickel plating or if it was my fault.

I use EK concentate, It is running for almost a year now thus it is time for maintenance. might do it sometime and see how it is.

I decided to go with the Bykski block from Aliexpress after all, and I just want to confirm something. The block is made from nickel-plated copper right? That's what it looks like in all the photos, but the description isn't very specific. For material it just says copper/aluminum/acrylic. I assume the backplate is the only aluminum part. 
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001993536759.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7a814c4doH865b

It is supposed to be nickel plated, unfortunately there is no mention on the actual Bykski site for this card which leads me to believe that the ones on eBay and Allied Xpress are possibly not legit. The supposed Bykski water block I ordered from eBay has not shipped and it's been roughly 10 days. Here is possibly some good news, after emailing back-and-forth with EK,  The person on the other end stated that their reference blocks should fit. Looking at the pictures, even on the reference card with their water block the resistors are covered. So essentially not needing that area to be cut out. I personally caved and purchased the alphacool waterblock and will attempt to modify it.

On 1/20/2021 at 12:45 AM, JeremyB said:

I personally caved and purchased the alphacool waterblock and will attempt to modify it.

I want to see how it is done