GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING OC

On 1/15/2021 at 11:26 AM, MaratM said:

by the looks of it Gigabyte used less modified pcb out of all custom RX6800xt, it has some minor differences to ther refference AMD pcb and the refference waterblock from EK might fit with very minor mods.

AMD 6800xt

634790171_6800xtpcb.thumb.jpg.c0fcbcd6b60b2bf3f11b06b9346a743b.jpg

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING OC

Gigabyte-RadeonRX-6800XT-Gaming.thumb.jpg.f593162e7ed4e68cf8cd4ad962f73cb1.jpg

AORUS Radeon RX 6800 XT Master Type-C

27.thumb.jpg.1930b3e7230d7c0f60aaa8e22b08bfca.jpg

Howeverer some cooler mounting holes are different but not imortant ones (around GPU, VRAM, power delivery) 

Also there is no cutout on the EK waterblock for the 4 inline caps. assuming they are the same as on the refference pcb thus there is no need to modify the waterblock in order too fit that caps

I marked red same mounting holes on the Gigabyte pcb and the blue ones can be used with some minor mods to the waterblock.

720922238_pcbg.thumb.jpg.ffc0316f54a0698dafe52eeef2c8cf02.jpg

BUT I do not advise to do it unless you have enough skill to do it. It is feasible but not advisible. 

Same problem here. Working on milling and modifying water block (EKWB) and back plate. The card itself is even a different size and does not fit into the backplate. Be advised, the red circles in this picture do not in fact line up. Some do, most don't. Also it appears I may need to mill down an area near the caps on the right, they are making contact and not allowing for a flush screw fit. Even just to get the water block to fit I had to remove 12 screw posts, and this leaves only 9 contacts over the PCB which I'm not comfortable with. Still working on a potential fix, but without being able to drill into the water block this may be a bust. Also, I did order the Byksky waterblock, but shipping time says mid March. 

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

4 hours ago, HILDY said:

Same problem here. Working on milling and modifying water block (EKWB) and back plate. The card itself is even a different size and does not fit into the backplate. Be advised, the red circles in this picture do not in fact line up. Some do, most don't. Also it appears I may need to mill down an area near the caps on the right, they are making contact and not allowing for a flush screw fit. Even just to get the water block to fit I had to remove 12 screw posts, and this leaves only 9 contacts over the PCB which I'm not comfortable with. Still working on a potential fix, but without being able to drill into the water block this may be a bust. Also, I did order the Byksky waterblock, but shipping time says mid March. 

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

Can you show a few more pictures of the alingment of the mounting holes, I assume the 5 around the gpu should be the same

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 8:41 PM, DLLN. said:

If you live in Europe, Alphacool has a program where they will design and send you a waterblock for free if it is for a card that do not already have a waterblock available for. You will need to send your card to Alphacool, and they will send it back. I don't live in Europe, so this doesn't apply to me. But, I put in an inquiry to see if they would still make a waterblock for the Gaming OC.

Ohhh this one: https://www.alphacool.com/ticket/index/sFid/141

On 1/15/2021 at 6:40 PM, DLLN. said:

Unfortunately, Alphacool said they would be unable to make a block for this card because they are unable to get this card in the EU. It may be a similar situation with ekwb, whom I have not yet heard back from.

Uhm... i bought it here in Switzerland? guess thats not in the EU so doesn't count.

At least i can't find any in german shops: https://www.computerbase.de/preisvergleich/eu/gigabyte-radeon-rx-6800-xt-gaming-oc-16g-gv-r68xtgaming-oc-16gd-a2433400.html

too bad. so no free cooler for me.

On 1/19/2021 at 8:45 PM, JeremyB said:

It is supposed to be nickel plated, unfortunately there is no mention on the actual Bykski site for this card which leads me to believe that the ones on eBay and Allied Xpress are possibly not legit. The supposed Bykski water block I ordered from eBay has not shipped and it's been roughly 10 days. Here is possibly some good news, after emailing back-and-forth with EK,  The person on the other end stated that their reference blocks should fit. Looking at the pictures, even on the reference card with their water block the resistors are covered. So essentially not needing that area to be cut out. I personally caved and purchased the alphacool waterblock and will attempt to modify it.

Isn't ezmodding the official homepage for bykski? It's listed there.

https://ezmodding.com/navi.php?a=2032&lang=eng

Talking about self modding....i have this really blurry image of the Gigabyte Gaming OC 6800XT PCB from the Aliexpress page

H953677eb67084f53ae43768f1486a24dx.jpg

But according to TechPowerUp the Gigabyte Gaming OC 6900XT actually has 3 8pin Powerplugs AND the holes aren't entirely overlapping...

So i've taken the REF design 6800XT and this one from Bykski and overlapped them:

grafik.thumb.png.bc8fa2d0aad5952ce12d9c0ffef28df2.png

Or you can use this Slider and check yourself:

https://imgsli.com/NDIzMjM

So yeah... while i do have the Bykski Ref Design cooler here... i'll probably just buy the new one and try to sell the Ref one.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone - just wondering if anybody had luck with the Bykski block or any other block. Been tracking this thread and scouring the internet and still haven't found any compatible blocks. Be great to get an update, if anyone has one.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I bought the Bykski block for my GB gaming OC 6800 XT about a month ago - it turned up within 10 days from AliExpress. Having very carefully installed it with no issues (perfect fit over the caps and all the tolerances for the thermal pads are good so you also get good thermal contact with the GPU), I'm frankly staggered at the difference in temps. Previously (with OC and undervolt) I was getting 90C junction and around 70C edge. Now I get 66C junction and 49 edge with a 1 hr run of furmark. 

So, a good choice. I have a triple rad and high flow pump so most of the time my fans are off- it's made such a difference from the constant hair dryer noise from the old card fans

Any question, do ping back

• 5 months later...
On 4/17/2021 at 5:19 AM, IainC said:

Hi there, I bought the Bykski block for my GB gaming OC 6800 XT about a month ago - it turned up within 10 days from AliExpress. Having very carefully installed it with no issues (perfect fit over the caps and all the tolerances for the thermal pads are good so you also get good thermal contact with the GPU), I'm frankly staggered at the difference in temps. Previously (with OC and undervolt) I was getting 90C junction and around 70C edge. Now I get 66C junction and 49 edge with a 1 hr run of furmark. 

So, a good choice. I have a triple rad and high flow pump so most of the time my fans are off- it's made such a difference from the constant hair dryer noise from the old card fans

Any question, do ping back

Hi, i'm definitely interested in this, listening to the fans go nuts is quite distracting. Which seller did you buy from?

• 2 months later...

This thread contains useful information and I think it is better to use it instead of opening a new one.

I've decided to water-cool my Aorus RX 6800 XT Master ( 16GGV-R68XTAORUS M-16GD ). Has anyone here tried it?

The only option available that I've found is EK-Quantum Vector Master RX 6800XT which is way too expensive when combined with all parts needed for a custom loop.

However, there are more options for the Gigabyte RX 6800 XT Gaming OC (GV-R68XTGAMING OC-16GD) which seems to use the same PCB as the Aorus RX 6800 XT Master. 

Is it possible Bykski Gigabyte RX6800XT Gaming OC WaterBlock to fit on Aorus RX 6800 XT Master?

22 minutes ago, The_Devil_In_I said:

This thread contains useful information and I think it is better to use it instead of opening a new one.

I've decided to water-cool my Aorus RX 6800 XT Master ( 16GGV-R68XTAORUS M-16GD ). Has anyone here tried it?

The only option available that I've found is EK-Quantum Vector Master RX 6800XT which is way too expensive when combined with all parts needed for a custom loop.

However, there are more options for the Gigabyte RX 6800 XT Gaming OC (GV-R68XTGAMING OC-16GD) which seems to use the same PCB as the Aorus RX 6800 XT Master. 

Is it possible Bykski Gigabyte RX6800XT Gaming OC WaterBlock to fit on Aorus RX 6800 XT Master?

It looks like Gigabyte RX6800XT Gaming OC and  Aorus RX 6800 XT Master has the same PCB 

According to:

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

Its the same PCB

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.