[BL/VL] Gold Rush 2014 - 2x420 Rad, 750D, 780Ti-SLI, delidding, Sleeving,...

Darwing

You're a pimp

|CPU: Intel core i5 3570k @ 4.5GHZ |Motherboard: Asus Z77 -V lx2 Full atx |RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1866MHz |GPU: 2 X ASUS AMD Radeon HD7850 2gb Crossfire |Case: Corsair Carbide 300r |Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2tb2 Samsung 840 120gb ssd raid 0 |PSU: Seasonic 750w 80+ PSU |Display: lg 32" 1080p 60Hz |Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 + 4Noctua NF-P14 scythe Kaze Q-12 Fan Controller |Keyboard: SideWinder X6 |Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 |

You're a pimp

What can I say to that, thanks... Lol I'm really happy with how it's come together after all the attention to detail I've put in. The video doesn't do it justice, but you get to see the level of detail I go through

This is extremely awesome man, I love the infinite detail you're going into with every part and mod. The painting of the I/0 shield is great and has definitely given me some inspiration for my next build

i7 4770k  ¬ MSI Z87-M Gaming ¬ Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz ¬ R9 290x Crossfire ¬ Corsair 350D ¬ Corsair RM 1000

This is extremely awesome man, I love the infinite detail you're going into with every part and mod. The painting of the I/0 shield is great and has definitely given me some inspiration for my next build

Thank you for the nice comments

I'm really happy with how it's turning out, I may even be able to finish the acrylic tubing and finishing touches before the custom cables within a month! The end is near I can taste it!! Lol who am I kidding, for modders the project is never done ;)

tried to put up pics, but this forum keeps messing with them if they are not perfect, the images are to big :(

• 5 months later...

Edit: I mean how much did it cost?

Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to! LOL

Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to! LOL

Damn, i didn't specify what I was asking lmao. I meant the ram

16GB its for the 16GB set and its also extreamly overclockable

• 1 month later...

I have been planning a build for a couple months. This build is literally exactly what I've been picturing in my mind. Gorgeous build dude! Thanks for sharing!

Some people hated the gold more than anything else, but you took it and ran with it

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

The colours of this PC remind me of Deus Ex... Like... Really....

Nice build tho :D I like it ;)

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

• 1 month later...

I will have some better pics up and would like to post it on the mod forum somehow...

As well how can I get this build voted for a mod of the month or something :) Im proud of my work and the final outcome!

Absolutely amazing! Congrats on finishing it.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Awesome build Darwing, I have a gold build also but made the mistake of not using Vanilla Sands (yet). Kinda in the process of redoing it but I just love the whole black/gold theme.

You've done an excellent job, I'd certainly vote you up :D

This build is amazing i love it!!!!

Thank you so much It honestly took over a year, but I didnt skimp on any detail, each component selected and every millimeter was accounted for in this build. The initial ability to put 2 x 420 Rads in the 750D was my goal, but also to make something I've never seen before :) Thank you I hope to add some more photos and the final video shortly :)

Absolutely amazing! Congrats on finishing it.

Ugh, took so long and so much doubt but I did it :) :)

Awesome build Darwing, I have a gold build also but made the mistake of not using Vanilla Sands (yet). Kinda in the process of redoing it but I just love the whole black/gold theme.

You've done an excellent job, I'd certainly vote you up :D

I was given the option of having the paracord gold sponsored to me, and decided that it wasnt what I wanted, so I ordered the last of the MDPC vanilla sands from Germany to California to get custom Sleeved by Lee Harrington from PCJUNKIEMODS. He is the one who did the custom sleeving for me, he even sponsored the black sleeving and cable combs because he liked my build so much. It was great working with him!!!

Its an honor to have people enjoy my build as much as I do, I can't even use half of its power but I just stare at it and enjoy its beauty ;)

More high res pics coming (when it's sunny in Canada!!) and Ill post my final video :)

thanks everyone for staying tuned!!

never thought id say this but that black and gold is very attractive , its just enough to not be enough :P

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Nothing will ever convince me gold motherboards were ever a good idea but this definitely comes close!

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

take a look at my promo video :)

so uhh, are there any waterblocks out there that let you leave the lid off?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB