Hey what is up with a VPN?

CaptA380

I recently bought a Norton 360 Deluxe subscription which included 3 user - 1 year Anti-Virus, WebCam security, VPN. I have kept the subs on Laptop ( Mainly for laptop only I took the subs ), 2 android device. Well I don't really use VPNs but today I tried to give it a try.
Here's what I found, WITHOUT VPN the download/ upload speed in my mobile shows ~2.5MB/s and the app I am using to download also shows ~2.5MB/s but WITH VPN the download/ upload speed in my mobile shows ~5MB/s and the app used for download shows about ~2.5-3MB/s. 
Is something wrong with the VPN? Why am I getting about half the speed shown by the internet speed meter of the mobile? I guess Norton isn't doin something wrong.

your first mistake was to buy anything from norton.

as for the vpn, being faster, well either your isp is throttling you , which sometimes just changing your DNS address should fix it. change it to something like 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 or 4.4.4.4 and 4.2.2.4 , or your connection is very unstable.

33 minutes ago, ACEHACK said:

your first mistake was to buy anything from norton.

as for the vpn, being faster, well either your isp is throttling you , which sometimes just changing your DNS address should fix it. change it to something like 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 or 4.4.4.4 and 4.2.2.4 , or your connection is very unstable.

why is buying Norton a mistake? Like I heard it is popular among these services..
And actually I am using the VPN on my android device so I couldn't change the DNS.

On 1/10/2021 at 8:38 AM, CaptA380 said:

why is buying Norton a mistake? Like I heard it is popular among these services..
And actually I am using the VPN on my android device so I couldn't change the DNS.

Because Norton isnt very good. If you wanted a good paid for vpn you should have chose cyberghost. It's very fast. You can use it on multiple devices. You can get on to sites that are normally blocked. It bypasses ISP restrictions. It also has special servers you can use for downloading torrents.