ROG phone burn in!

so i used my rog phoen for around 2 years now and now the menuebuttons and even the word youtube is burnt on my screen! what can i do to fix that! i know oleds have burn ins but can you maybie replace the screen or shoudl i look into new phones! woudl repalcing the screen be worth it?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

I fixed a burn in once by displaying a white picture and leaving it on for a few days so try that first.

P.S. If the youtube logo is burned in for you I advice stop watching so much youtube because for a burn in to happen that needs to be on a fixed spot for a decent length of time.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

9 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

I fixed a burn in once by displaying a white picture and leaving it on for a few days so try that first.

is that really an fix?

get a new screen, rip oled.

15 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

is that really an fix?

get a new screen, rip oled.

Depends if its true burn in or just image retention. If its image retention then you can usually fix it by cycling through various colours for a period of time. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

6 hours ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

P.S. If the youtube logo is burned in for you I advice stop watching so much youtube because for a burn in to happen that needs to be on a fixed spot for a decent length of time.

Pretty laughable that someone actually has to advise against what the display is for. 

I’d seen some very severe burn-in on a Galaxy S9, as the owner had regularly listened to a talk show during his drive, and is pretty much required to keep the display on the entire time as YouTube will refuse to play otherwise (unless you fork over for Premium).

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I’d seen some very severe burn-in on a Galaxy S9, as the owner had regularly listened to a talk show during his drive, and is pretty much required to keep the display on the entire time as YouTube will refuse to play otherwise (unless you fork over for Premium).

Ahh well I assumed he meant just watching videos never considered talk shows or podcasts🤣 as I dont listen to either myself.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

5 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

Ahh well I assumed he meant just watching videos never considered talk shows or podcasts🤣 as I dont listen to either myself.

There’s a surprising amount of stuff on YouTube that really should be posted somewhere audio-only. Google is far from blameless as well, as locking audio-only playback to paying members (in effect, paying up to preserve your screen) is really quite rotten. 

My eyes see the past…

4 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

There’s a surprising amount of stuff on YouTube that really should be posted somewhere audio-only. Google is far from blameless as well, as locking audio-only playback to paying members (in effect, paying up to preserve your screen) is really quite rotten. 

Does Google Podcasts work the same way (I Use Spotify so I don't know)?

5 hours ago, G0dSpeed said:

Does Google Podcasts work the same way (I Use Spotify so I don't know)?

I actually didn’t know Google Podcasts were a thing. 🤫

My eyes see the past…

21 hours ago, Bayonett Priest said:

so i used my rog phoen for around 2 years now and now the menuebuttons and even the word youtube is burnt on my screen! what can i do to fix that! i know oleds have burn ins but can you maybie replace the screen or shoudl i look into new phones! woudl repalcing the screen be worth it?

That phone uses a AMOLED display. Its susceptible to burn in. 

Like others have stated you need to figure out if its burn in or image retention. You can potentially fix image retention. As far as a screen replacement, you need to weight out that cost with the cost of a new phone. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.