GPU fan started making a sort of grinding sound after about just under 2 years of use

R509

GPU: Zotac 1070Ti AMP!
Problem: The fan on the left of the card (towards the end of the case, dual fan card) has started making a most unpleasant noise, and in fact it sounds at times like a grinding noise if the fanspeed ramps up. the fan almost seems wobbly from when I pressed down lightly to feel it in comparison to the other fan. It sounds like the blades are hitting either the heatsync or the shroud, it's also variable and sometimes really bad and sometimes it lessens or even stops, previously I was able to sometimes get it to stop by shutting off and tr. I have never opened the card up before, nor has it ever come out of my PC since I built it in early 2019. My temps still seem fine with idles below 40 (it's 35 as I type this to you and the fan went from grinding more to making the occasional conflict sound every few secs) and the GPU able to stay at the default target temp of 83 during gaming. On one hand the noise is unpleasant, and on the other I'm worried about my card's longevity. Is this something requiring a fan replacement? Is this something that can be ignored? Is it an easy fix? Thank you

As Zotac has a standard 2 year warranty according to their website, I would just write them and ask for replacement fans or RMA. :)

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Technically I bought it in late 2018 months before used so I think the warrantee may be expired not sure 

If you don't have warranty;

I'd suggest you take out the card and check for where it is "grinding". This shouldn't be ignored. It probably will be a fan replacement. I found you a store that sells them for 20$ + shipping. If you will have to replace the fan, you can replace one, and have one on hand if the other one fails.

https://www.gpufanreplacement.com/collections/zotac/products/zotac-gtx-1070ti-1080ti-amp-fan-replacement

2 minutes ago, R509 said:

Technically I bought it in late 2018 months before used so I think the warrantee may be expired not sure 

Alright so no invoice? You could always try writing them anyway. 

This is the replacement fans: https://www.amazon.co.uk/iHaospace-GAA8S2U-1070Ti-Graphics-Cooling/dp/B07TKXVR4Q

Also check if fan is not just hitting a cable or something inside or outside the card.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.