Which PSU to keep Corsair HX1200i or Asus Thor 1200?

Rapid7

Bought a Corsair HX1200i which was one from a faulty batch (PC stuck in a contant boot cycle), this one was rma'd. The replacement psu arrived and was fine for a couple of weeks then random loss of power (This was again in the faulty lot code range) , so then this one was rma'd.

I had previously bought an RTX 3090 and did not want to risk running this on my 7 year old original AX860i psu so i bought an Asus Thor 1200w (Only psu available at the time) to tie my over till the replacement HX1200I arrived.

The HX1200i has finaly arrived after 6 weeks, the Asus Thor has been flawless upto now but which one would you keep? I'm also not bothered about the screen on the Asus, and Asus rma's in the UK are not too good where as Corsairs have been really good plus the 7 year old AX860i is still running in an older pc.

Many thanks.

They're both excellent PSUs. I'd personally keep the Thor when i had a case where the LCD was visible. But when it's not visible, i'd probably go with the corsair since you already said that the customer service is much better in UK.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Yeah i'm sort of leaning more towards the Corsair myself.

Thanks.

The HXi is definitely a better PSU, so if it's not a massive bother, I would say switch to that. It has multi rail OCP, and it's quieter. If you want to replace the cables, it will also likely be easier to get third party cables for the HXi

:)

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

They're both excellent PSUs. I'd personally keep the Thor when i had a case where the LCD was visible. 

At least for 2 or 3 years until the OLED burns out.

Not bothered about the OLED screen, just the psu side of things.

4 hours ago, Rapid7 said:

Not bothered about the OLED screen, just the psu side of things.

Didn't say you were.  I was responding to Stahlmann's reason for wanting the Thor.

As @seon123 said, the HXi is really the better PSU.