Paypal Gaming Sale? starts in 2 days

If you guys check out the top contributors in the new Humble Bundle released today (eBook bundle 3) you will see this: https://www.paypal.com/gamingsale/, if you go there you'll find a timer that ends on the 20th at 10 AM PDST with blurred images, one of which is clearly a steam card. Could this be a hoax? it looks like it is hosted at paypal's domain, so it doesn't look like it... But I'm sure I'm not the only one surprised by this.

Looks legit, but weird how if you change it to .com it goes back to .fr

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

probably france only then

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

yeah, but the announcement is not in french which is very strange, I guess we will know on thursday what this means. Paypal never sells things directly do they? is there any precedent to this? Could it be a partnership with some online store? Does it even make sense? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just very confused by this.

It's weird, I don't really trust it, going onto the French PayPal site the URL ends in .com/fr/ and it's the same of the UK PayPal

It's weird, I don't really trust it, going onto the French PayPal site the URL ends in .com/fr/ and it's the same of the UK PayPal

yeah but if you go to www.paypal.fr it redirects to paypal.com/fr so the domain is seemingly owned by paypal.

yeah but if you go to www.paypal.fr it redirects to paypal.com/fr so the domain is seemingly owned by paypal.

Yeah that is true, just seems a little odd that is all really, never thought that PayPal of all companies to be doing a gaming sale, sort of like a bank doing a gaming sale, just seems weird

Its Legit - 562v.png

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

I am still gonna just be cautious of it really, just seems out of the blue and out of character, even if it is legit. The website being hosted in Boston by Time Warner Cable which is different from the proper PayPal.com hosting.

Hosting information about this site:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=www.paypal.fr%2Fgamingsale

Hosting information about PayPal fr and PayPal.com

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=www.paypal.com%2Ffr%2F

no...No...NO!!!!!! I CANT SPEND MONEY!!!! I HAVE BILLS!!!!!! :'(

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

I am still gonna just be cautious of it really, just seems out of the blue and out of character, even if it is legit. The website being hosted in Boston by Time Warner Cable which is different from the proper PayPal.com hosting.

Hosting information about this site:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=www.paypal.fr%2Fgamingsale

Hosting information about PayPal fr and PayPal.com

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=www.paypal.com%2Ffr%2F

some websites are reporting on it

http://nzgamer.com/news/7406/paypal-gaming-sale-starts-tomorrow.html

here is another tread talking about it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786990

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

Let's see, I spot some Assassin's Creed III, Steam wallet cards, and it looks like that larger image is an aircraft? 

COMIC SANS

The largest image to the left looks like Diablo III: Reaper of Souls...  The two hook-like projections at the sides resemble the scythes, but I could be wrong.  This is what I'm talking about:Diablo-3-reaper-of-souls.jpg

I think it's almost past 5 hours since the countdown is completed.

The page still is the same thing at 0s.

Is it just me or has the site remained the same? Its stuck on 

days
:
h
:
m
:
s
Edit- Just checked using a US server- its now at 0
h
:
m
:
s

lol it restarted 

days
:
h
:
m
:
s

It says 2 hours countdown to go. If you change fr. to com, it will redirect, so it's definitely official paypal.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

this website is announcing some if the sales apparently they are selling games and gaming equipment. they are all like 40% off

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2014-03-20/spring_gaming_sale_provide_best_deals_for_gamer_on_paypal.shtml

The largest image to the left looks like Diablo III: Reaper of Souls...  The two hook-like projections at the sides resemble the scythes, but I could be wrong.  This is what I'm talking about:

For Americans Gamestop lets you pre-order Reaper of Souls for $33 instead of $40 by using the code Paypal15. I have no idea how long it lasts but I got mine ordered yesterday, maybe this is part of it or it's just coincidence.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I'm getting this https://www.paypal.eu/En/gamingsale/ as the URL.
So... And it says 48 hours,

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

It works fine for me. Change the ".fr" to .com and you should be redirected to whichever site applies for your country.

Not really anything great on the sale so far though.

post-216-0-99427900-1395409467_thumb.jpg