Did ASUS raise GPU prices across the board for Nvidia 3000 and AMD 6000 series cards?

Summary

I snagged the ASUS 3060 Ti OC KO from Amazon priced at $449.99 before taxes. The ASUS website says $519.99 . I don't know what it said before. I'm not logged in so no zipcode for shipping or taxes to calculate.

https://store.asus.com/us/item/202012AM030000002/A50243-ASUS-KO-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3060-Ti-OC-Edition-8GB-GDDR6-Gaming-Graphics-Card-%28PCIe-4.0%2C-8GB-GDDR6-memory%2C-HDMI-2.1%2C-DisplayPort-1.4a%2C-Axial-tech-Fan-Design%2C-0dB-technology%2C-Enduring-capacitors%29

And now the RX 6800XT OC is priced at $969......6900XT territory? What?

https://store.asus.com/us/item/202011AM260000002/A50243-ASUS-TUF-GAMING-AMD-Radeon%E2%84%A2-RX-6800-XT-OC-Edition-Graphics-Card-%28PCIe-4.0%2C-16GB-GDDR6%2C-HDMI-2.1%2C-DisplayPort-1.4a%2C-Dual-ball-fan-bearings%2C-all-aluminum-shroud%2C-reinforced-frame%2C-GPU-Tweak-II%29

My thoughts

I checked other AIBs and I don't see a change.

Sources

Stock notification discord channels

Current ASUS GPU prices => https://store.asus.com/us/category/graphicscards

Way back Machine on Nov 13th 2020 of the same page => https://web.archive.org/web/20201113191827if_/https://store.asus.com/us/category/graphicscards

Getting word Zotac has increased their prices. $50 higher for 3060Ti and $80 higher for 3080

Yes, yes they did. They saw what people were willing to pay from scalpers, and so they decided to cut out the middle man and get a bigger chunk of that cash for themselves. The Strix 3060 ti is now $600! That's a full 50% over what the 3060 ti's MSRP was supposed to be, just to belabor the point with a little obvious math.

Asus has always tended to be the most marked up OEM because they have some (dubiously deserved) "prestige" associated with their brand, but if frelling Zotac is doing it too expect everyone in between to follow suit. 

That 6800XT price makes me laugh because I bought the PowerColor Red Devil Limited Edition for more than $100 less last week. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

In Europe all the 3000 seem to have increased in price.

It is probably due to bad supply?

I noticed the price increase 4 weeks ago or maybe 5. By a 100 euros...

Damn just checked the prices again and they went up another 100 euros!?

The 3080 Strix OC is currently retailing for 1260 euros? WTF is happening?

Last week it was still 1160?

I bought it for 960 in October and thought that was overpriced still has not shipped.....

Me: Is wondering if I should wait until next gen, as availability doesn’t seem to have any improvements for the foreseeable future. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Too late for me.

But I do feel that this generation basically lost around 25% of its value.....

I mean if you consider that a new generation comes every 2 years. And that the availability of this generation will presumably get delayed by 6 months. If you consider how fast this GPUs depreciate in value and that the actual value for the owner is measured in time they actually spend using them. Then Nvidia screwed us all pretty hard.

Not to mention their rumored glorious plan to release the TI so soon after the 3080.

Forwarding info I found on reddit post, but this is screenshot of someone getting confirmation from ASUS Rep

https://imgur.com/gallery/mUCdiBZ

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/kqh1b0/gpu_asus_strix_3080_new_retail_price_92999/

Boom.....RIP GPU market......never even knew you

Boy this sucks for anyone who waited out scalpers. I was going to just wait out the storm and grab one whenever stock equaled out for MSRP. But this feels blatantly like a cash grab. Especially with the review cycles for the majority of the lineup done with. The main thing this gen brought to the table for me was a good price to performance ratio. Now that 3080 doesn't seem so appealing at almost $1000 usd. Now it's just another 2080ti type deal.

How to stop scalpers: Have the AIB partners double their prices.

I've been absolutely screwed. I wanted a 1080TI, but bitcoin was a thing, prices were outrageous.

Then, when bitcoin tanked, and prices came down, the 1080TI was discontinued, and prices were still outrageous.

After that, the 2080 launched. The MSRP was outrageous.

Since I refused to pay outrageous amounts of money for a GPU, I'm still stuck with a GTX 980, waiting for a 6800XT. If the price is outrageous, then I will simply wait even more. And maybe in 2022, I will be able to get a good high end GPU that isn't an outrageous amount of money. >_>

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

4 hours ago, Exidor said:

In Europe all the 3000 seem to have increased in price.

It is probably due to bad supply?

I noticed the price increase 4 weeks ago or maybe 5. By a 100 euros...

Damn just checked the prices again and they went up another 100 euros!?

The 3080 Strix OC is currently retailing for 1260 euros? WTF is happening?

Last week it was still 1160?

I bought it for 960 in October and thought that was overpriced still has not shipped.....

supply/demand the market tries to clear.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

25 minutes ago, Sarra said:

How to stop scalpers: Have the AIB partners double their prices.

I've been absolutely screwed. I wanted a 1080TI, but bitcoin was a thing, prices were outrageous.

Then, when bitcoin tanked, and prices came down, the 1080TI was discontinued, and prices were still outrageous.

After that, the 2080 launched. The MSRP was outrageous.

Since I refused to pay outrageous amounts of money for a GPU, I'm still stuck with a GTX 980, waiting for a 6800XT. If the price is outrageous, then I will simply wait even more. And maybe in 2022, I will be able to get a good high end GPU that isn't an outrageous amount of money. >_>

buy used gpus like I bought a used vega 56

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

17 minutes ago, LOST TALE said:

buy used gpus like I bought a used vega 56

I'm actually getting really close to buying a Vega 64.

I almost bought a used 1080 TI, but... I think I would go for something newer than that.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

34 minutes ago, Sarra said:

I'm actually getting really close to buying a Vega 64.

I almost bought a used 1080 TI, but... I think I would go for something newer than that.

These cards can run stable at much higher clocks and voltages but are limited by the power limit. Only buy 64 over 56 if it has more power limit. I have the msi air boost. It's ok but surely an open air cooler would of been splendid.

They are also unstable on 2d hardware acceleration whilst stable on intense 3d if you OC/UV. It's worth a meme out of it. Also it gets vram leaks out of eth mining requiring a log out/log in of the user session before playing games without getting a driect x crash about unexpectedly running out of vram "could not allocate texture"

Same in Malaysia. Price increase across the board. Even the 5600x Ryzen is now more expensive than the 10850k. 

Yeah I wouldn't pay anything more than $750 for a 3080. FE or XC3 are basically the only choices now imo. 

This increase makes absolutely no sense. 

ASUS, GIGABYTE, PNY, ZOTAC, and MSI have increased their 3000 series prices. Possible cause is Tariffs. : nvidia (reddit.com)

Some people think it might be tariffs? I guess that would make sense.

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1