GTX 760 vs. GTX 770

Swndlr

Im curious as to the real difference and is the performance really THAT noticeable? Im curious mainly since the price isn't that far off at all. :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

yes it is id put in more money for a 770 any day

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Here are some benchmarks:

46ff1076b74480a3ddf9e4c7bc54e896.png

Up to you whether that extra speed justifies the price.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Look up benchmarks? 

Check the description for graphs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Im curious as to the real difference and is the performance really THAT noticeable? Im curious mainly since the price isn't that far off at all. :P

Roughly +10fps in every game more or less. 

I use to have a 770, preformed like a champ. Great GPU

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

When people say "OMG 50$ for 10FPS" I can never tell if its sarcasm. Lol it's money I am willing to pay regardless :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

When people say "OMG 50$ for 10FPS" I can never tell if its sarcasm. Lol it's money I am willing to pay regardless :D

10FPS may not seem that much as an absolute number, but imagine if you get 20fps with one card then 30fps with the other. You go from complete crap to playable. Or you go from 40fps to 50fps, slightly choppy to completely smooth. Those few frames can make a bigger difference than you would think.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

When comparing benchmarks, performance and prices, be sure to look at two things:

- % gains in performance overall or what you're interested in using the product for vs. % cost increase

- Is that extra boost going to be noticeable enough to warrant spending more?

The 2nd bit is aimed towards budgeting than the first, while the first is aimed towards a smarter buy overall. You could pay more per frame with the cheaper card if you look at the 2nd statement, while spending your dollar far more efficiently with the first. It's like the 750ti or FX-6300 arguments. Arguably trash to many people due to what you're getting for what you're paying in comparison to slightly more costly products, but it's not like they're unusable or useless products.

In my opinion, the GTX 760 always looks like a better buy because the 770, at least in NA, is like 130% the cost of the 760. However, the 770 eeks into enthusiast range cards, which means that it makes the 780 look way better than it should while also leaving you hung out to dry if you wanted something better than the 760. But again, is that +5-9% in performance worth your dollar? Is the 760 not going to cut it for you at decent settings with your monitor's resolution in the games you'd play?

I won't refer to AMD cards since you didn't mention them and the prices are so stupid I refuse to support them now anyway.

Edit:

Also, I'd like to throw in that if you really want to spend over $250-$280 on a GPU, do not buy GK110. Not only is the 770 terribly priced, it's not going to perform like the Maxwell GTX cards coming out within 2014. At the very least, you can look at an 860 for cheaper and similar/better performance. If you can't wait, spend less money and pocket the rest as savings to an upgrade. The differences are so big that you're more likely going to see a bigger increase in performance with spending the $100 + selling your 760 half retail price or higher and buying whatever 800-series GPU that you can afford than buying a 770 instead.

But that's just my opinion.

50 bucks for 10 FPS is BULLSHIT, the human eye can see 60 FPS anyways, more than that is just like "HEY LOOK GUYS MY GPU IS THE SHIT!"

50 bucks for 10 FPS is BULLSHIT, the human eye can see 60 FPS anyways, more than that is just like "HEY LOOK GUYS MY GPU IS THE SHIT!"

I'm sorry, I'm making my first post here because of how dumbfounded I am by this post, but are you high? 

It's a 660 Ti versus a stronger GTX 680. The 770 is worth it at the price difference.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I think that 770 is clearly worth the price difference while I don't think that the price difference between 770 and 780 is worth it.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Like the others said, 10FPS can make the biggest difference in today's games.

Like the others said, 10FPS can make the biggest difference in today's games.

Not if you already have a high end GPU and decide to buy the latest one. But if you have like an AMD Radeon HD 3570 then sure.

I'm sorry, I'm making my first post here because of how dumbfounded I am by this post, but are you high? 

I'm always high.